5Likes
  • 2 Post By cutthroat22
  • 2 Post By zeljkok
  • 1 Post By Aqua Terra

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
High on the Mountain Top

Default Goodbye.

I'm done here. Between the knowledge I'm considered clickbait, the lax security and the bullying by
, I'm outa here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 09:58 PM
High on the Mountain Top

I haven't been following recent threads but don't leave just yet. Sounds like lots of changes are being discussed.

The last thing that is needed now is for people to leave. In fact, can we bring back Time2Climb?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 11:03 PM
Super Moderator

Interest: Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Photography. Enjoying the outdoors fresh air and fitness experience.

Alex Canuck..

I am sad you will be leaving. As Steventy noted, there will be changes, and significant ones at that and positive.

K

Hiking is what keeps you young of mind and heart. When the going gets tough, the tough get going..............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 12:16 AM
Headed for the Mountains

I don't blame you. You were treated rudely for breaking rules that don't exist except in one mods eyes. Feel free to ban me as well Mr. Rude Mod.
Rachelo and KARVITK like this.

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 12:43 AM
Summit Master

alexcanuck:

Don't leave. Leaving is quitting. You are so much better than that. If anything, your "incident" has triggered avalanche of very positive discussion that goes into the heart of this forum.

You are senior member that has been here for awhile. Stay and fight for better Club Tread. We need people like you. Seriously
susied and xj6response like this.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 01:01 AM
Summit Master

nobody quits CT, you just become a lurker.. that's OK. If things improve, we would like most of our quitters back.
Elkaholic likes this.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 01:45 AM
Super Moderator

Interest: hiking, backpacking, scrambling, climbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steventy View Post
I haven't been following recent threads but don't leave just yet. Sounds like lots of changes are being discussed.

The last thing that is needed now is for people to leave. In fact, can we bring back Time2Climb?
He was banned for language issues. I didn't make that rule and have never been a fan of it, but the rules against profanity stand, and I don't see him ever caring to change to be permitted back.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 11:27 AM
Headed for the Mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelo View Post
He was banned for language issues. I didn't make that rule and have never been a fan of it, but the rules against profanity stand, and I don't see him ever caring to change to be permitted back.
If alexcanuck was banned for language issues, it would have been a good idea for the moderators to publish that fact, so the rest of the members can see the rules being applied. Otherwise we are left to guess at the reason, which creates uncertainty and is not at good thing.

In this case I suspect most believe he was banned for not backing down on the issue of what topics are allowed to be discussed in The Lodge. Specifically, Dru deleting a specific political discussion, saying it is not allowed, despite the published rules not mentioning such a rule. I personally didn't see the posts in question so wasn't aware of any language issue.

Lots of great suggestions on how to improve CT are being made, but we also need fair moderation according to the rules.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thhorseman View Post
If alexcanuck was banned for language issues, it would have been a good idea for the moderators to publish that fact, so the rest of the members can see the rules being applied. Otherwise we are left to guess at the reason, which creates uncertainty and is not at good thing.

In this case I suspect most believe he was banned for not backing down on the issue of what topics are allowed to be discussed in The Lodge. Specifically, Dru deleting a specific political discussion, saying it is not allowed, despite the published rules not mentioning such a rule. I personally didn't see the posts in question so wasn't aware of any language issue.

Lots of great suggestions on how to improve CT are being made, but we also need fair moderation according to the rules.
Note that I quoted the person I was responding to.
I was referring to Time2Climb, not AlexCanuck. (And I wasn't a moderator at that time, I just saw the progression.)

I agree with you on the process, and there is a discussion going on right now to determine how better to ensure moderation is clear, transparent, and rule-focused.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 12:22 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Oops, my bad!

Thanks Rachelo! Glad to hear it is being discussed by the moderators.
post #11 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 01:12 PM
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: Hiking, Backpacking, Skiing, Space History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelo View Post
Note that I quoted the person I was responding to.
I was referring to Time2Climb, not AlexCanuck. (And I wasn't a moderator at that time, I just saw the progression.)

I agree with you on the process, and there is a discussion going on right now to determine how better to ensure moderation is clear, transparent, and rule-focused.

One thing I've seen on other forums is a page where only moderators can post, detailing any actions taken. It seems to work well

e.g.
user x permanently banned due to spam
user y 7-day ban due to profanity
thread z locked due to off topic discussion
post #12 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellymcdonald78 View Post
One thing I've seen on other forums is a page where only moderators can post, detailing any actions taken. It seems to work well
e.g.
user x permanently banned due to spam
user y 7-day ban due to profanity
thread z locked due to off topic discussion
I liked that idea when you proposed it, and I've suggested it in the current discussion with the admins.
post #13 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 11:30 PM
Super Moderator

Interest: Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Photography. Enjoying the outdoors fresh air and fitness experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thhorseman View Post
Oops, my bad!

Thanks Rachelo! Glad to hear it is being discussed by the moderators.
Exactly Right.

.. Avalanche of thoughts and ideas are now flowing during discussions; and utmost is to ensure fair moderation without the heavy hand, and to make this site a community we would all like to be part of; share, contribute, and learn.

K

Hiking is what keeps you young of mind and heart. When the going gets tough, the tough get going..............

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page