YAY!!!!! :) - Page 4 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 06:20 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Monster

Well that must even us out as i have intentionally ignored the words and conclusions you've been putting in my mouth. I said the Trans Mountain line "supports" lower mainland needs, I never said it satisfies them, even though it well might satisfy them, that was an invention of yours and not my words or conclusion.
Quote:

We don't need any new pipeline projects in BC! The Kinder Morgan line already supplies enough for the Lower Mainland and YVR's needs and still allows for one small tanker a week to visit the port of Vancouver for tar sands export, that sounds about right to me!

I'll take the fact that you're now arguing semantics (poorly) as a white flag.

Quote:

By your own admission you " don't know one way or another why they want to double the line" and yet you call my info inaccurate and cite your cousin Joe as your source.
The only thing I called inaccurate was your claim that the current line supplies current demand. Why they want to double the line is irrelevant to my correction of that point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 08:34 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Canoeing, Hiking, Fishing and Bear kissing.

Ok fair enough. I will simply state that I have no documented information or evidence on how oversubscribed the line is or not, the only point I really wanted to clearly make is that it's completely stupid and wrong to offer up that notion as any kind of rational for an increase in capacity to 750,000 barrels a day.

And yes, I recognize you are not making that rationalization or trying to support it. As I said before, some in government are and that is why I rail against the notion.

Good catch on my quote. My last reply was from my smart phone while standing in the rain at the Remembrance Day Rally, usually I am allot more careful about going back and checking my exact wording.
post #48 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
Summit Master

Interest: hiking,swimming,anything on the water or outside.Try almost anything once

[)]

An open letter to the Red States from a Californian.

Dear Red States:

Given the results of the 2012 Election we in California along with the other Blue States have decided to form our own country.

The reason? Well we're more than a little ticked off at the neanderthal intellect and obstructive politics of the Red States. In case you aren't aware the Blue States now include Hawaii, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, New Mexico, Colorado, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan, Illinois, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York and the rest of the Northeast... maybe even Florida. We believe this split will be beneficial to the nation and especially to the people of the new country, The Enlightened States of America (E.S.A).

To sum up the devision, you get Texas, Oklahoma and all the slave states, we get stem cell research and all the best beaches.

We get Andrew Cuomo and Elizabeth Warren, you get Bobby Jindal and Todd Akin.

We get the Statue of Liberty you get Nashville.

We get Apple and Microsoft, you get WorldCom.

We get Harvard, you get Ole' Miss.

We get 85 percent of America's venture capital and entrepreneurs, you get Alabama.

We get two-thirds of the tax revenue, you get to figure out how to make the red states pay their fair share.

We get an aggregate divorce rate 22 percent lower than the Christian Coalition's, you get all the Toddler & Tiara moms.

The Blue States also have 80% of the country's fresh water, more than 90% of the pineapple and lettuce production, 92% of the nation's fresh fruit, 95% of America's quality wines, 90% of all cheese, 90 percent of the high tech industry, most of the US low sulfur coal, all of the living redwoods, sequoias and condors, all the Ivy and Seven Sister schools plus Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Cal Tech and MIT.

Red States will have to cope with 88% of all obese Americans and their projected health care costs, 92% of all mosquitoes, nearly 80% of the tornadoes, 70% of the hurricanes, 99% of all Southern Baptists, virtually 100% of the televangelists, Rush Limbaugh, Bob Jones University, Clemson and the University of Georgia.

I almost forgot, we get Hollywood and Yosemite, thank you. Red States will still have a population where 38% believe Jonah was actually swallowed by a whale, 62% of whom believe life is sacred unless they're discussing the death penalty or gun laws, 44% that believe evolution is only a theory, 53% who are certain Saddam Hussain was involved in 9/11 and 61% who believe they possess higher morals than lefties. The icing on the cake however - you get to keep Donald Trump and a third of the population who still believe Barack Obama is Muslim and wasn't born in America.

PS. We'll also have all the good weed from Canada and two states that just voted to decriminalize pot possession.

You can have that crap they grow in Mexico.

Sincerely,

A Citizen of the Enlightened States of America

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 10:15 PM
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: Rock and Ice Climbing, mountaineering, AT skiing, xc skiing, backpacking, hiking...

^^^^^

Well Said.

I worked on re-introducing the Condors back into the wild when I lived in California.

post #50 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 10:25 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Outdoor stuff...especially scrambling,trailrunning,mountain biking,kayaking,and hiking, and of course photography

The fact that they get all the televangelists is more than enough to destroy the Red States' credibility on its own[]
post #51 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 12:37 AM
High on the Mountain Top

Good to see ideological, political, and religious intolerance is alive and well at both ends of the political spectrum. Mocking and belittling those that voted for the guy that didn't win is terribly undemocratic. Congratulations for falling for the scam, and allowing the disingenuous two party system to bitterly divide the electorate. Hopefully one day people believe in tolerance and understanding, not this crap.
post #52 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 06:10 AM
Summit Master

Interest: Outward bound author of the Seinfeld thread who builds his own snowshoes

We still have oil, mining, all of the real production of wealth, and guns with which to defend it.

[image]https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/530957_10151464115430432_932417654_n.jpg[/image]
post #53 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 05:30 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Outdoor stuff...especially scrambling,trailrunning,mountain biking,kayaking,and hiking, and of course photography

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Kid Charlemagne

Good to see ideological, political, and religious intolerance is alive and well at both ends of the political spectrum. Mocking and belittling those that voted for the guy that didn't win is terribly undemocratic. Congratulations for falling for the scam, and allowing the disingenuous two party system to bitterly divide the electorate. Hopefully one day people believe in tolerance and understanding, not this crap.
On a more serious note...

Well observed. It seems to me almost all political systems degrade into disingenuous two party systems in the end. In Canada we may have more party options, but historically votes end up in one of two polarized camps as often as not. Why is that? Maybe because folks vote for the alternative most likely to take down the incumbents if they find fault in government. In short, much as you may have alluded to earlier, they are often in effect choosing between the lesser of two evils. Maybe, as well, the political and altogether human tendency to become corrupted by power inevitably proliferates this cycle.

I've always believed that certain elements of basic human nature destroy the ideals of democracy, and I'm a card carrying optimist. In the end all you have left is the individual's ability to treat others as you would wish to be treated.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page