6.7 Earthquake, west of Vancouver Island - Page 2 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 01:28 PM
Off the Beaten Path

I was on Vargas Island, though I think I might have been on the water at the time. I didn't see, hear or feel a thing. We didn't even know about it until we heard a waitress talking about it in a restaurant in Tofino on Saturday. I am actually glad I didn't know, because if I had felt it, I would have been extremely worried about a tsunami. I would have turned on my marine radio and put my fears to rest pretty quickly, though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 09:25 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: climb

was sittin on back deck with my daughter havin afew cold ones when we heard a crash.the dogs barked and we noticed that one of my stacked firewood piles had fallen over.never thought much about it till my wife came home and told us there was an earthquake which was exactly when wood pile fell.
post #18 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 09:38 PM
Headed for the Mountains

I was in a store down town Port McNeill felt the building sway and the shelving, pictures and light fixtures all moved in sequence for about 15 seconds, all on a ground floor. It felt kind of cool. than the fist thing I thought of was a tsunami... Thank god nothing came of it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2011, 07:40 PM
Summit Master

Interest: hiking,swimming,anything on the water or outside.Try almost anything once

I was at work in Powell River on the phone booking my campsite at Lake O'hara and thought I was dizzy or having a stroke lol...then I and a couple of other people felt nauseous,which I thought was really weird since I have never suffered with motion sickness at sea or in a car....
Then this morning at 4:04am on the hotel alarm clock in Nanaimo (work thing),I sat right up in bed,wondering why I just sat up in bed,I never do that! Then I heard we had another little one,4 point something at 4:02 am....weird!
post #20 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 02:02 AM
Headed for the Mountains

I didn't feel the 4 up here in Comox, but i'm also a deep sleeper so I'm not surprised

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page