REI - Return Every Item - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Summit Master

Interest: Outward bound author of the Seinfeld thread who builds his own snowshoes
Default REI - Return Every Item

I'm starting to believe more and more that is what it stands for. I went to check out their eVent jackets yesterday (which they were sold out of), but it was the garage sale. I saw one pair of pants that were only $10, and the reason they were returned was, "put in suitcase. came out wrinkled"

seriously! someone actually returned a brand new pair of quick dry, zip off hiking pants/ shorts, because they got afew wrinkles when packed away. were they planning on wearing them to a buisness meeting or something? damn I wish I had a 30" inseam. someone got a good deal.

I've got to go to the first garage sale after christmas, and get there early. tons of good deals to be found. hard to resist buying a bunch of extra, unneeded gear.

Bring back Jim.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 10:06 PM
Banned

We TRIED to get down there yesterday but the border lineups were insane! The Sumas lineup didn't even move for over 20 minutes...same with Aldergrove.
Ended up spending the morning in Murrayville instead! [B)]

I was choked...the webcams showed the lineups still at a standstill until about 6 pm!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Summit Master

Interest: Outward bound author of the Seinfeld thread who builds his own snowshoes

you've gotta get nexus. we waited about 10 seconds. it costs $50 for 5 years. if you go down often, its worth it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 10:47 PM
Banned

The problem wasn't being stuck at the drive-thru...the problem was REACHING it!
We have current passports and rarely take more than a few seconds to get through - unless Barney Fife is trying to make a name for himself and/or impress the boss, but even then we have never been detained.
The Sumas lineup was back to Vye Road at one point; having the blessings of GW himself wouldn't have made traffic move any faster!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
Summit Master

I guess if you are crossing out there nexus won't really help. at peace arch, the waits would have to be over 4 o 5 hours to make it so that you cannot reach the nexus lane.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page