Hosers, Flowers, and Castle Towers - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

3Likes
  • 2 Post By mick range
  • 1 Post By xj6response

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Summit Master

Interest: Outdoor stuff...especially scrambling,trailrunning,mountain biking,kayaking,and hiking, and of course photography
Default Hosers, Flowers, and Castle Towers

I don't even know where to begin with this one. This is a story I began writing about a decade ago and finally finished today! Never let it be said I don't finish what I start, lol. Anyway, this hike to Castle Towers is still a vivid memory, and the scenery is as stunning today as it ever was, so I thought it still well worth a share. Hope you enjoy, link to the story is below

https://bctreehunter.wordpress.com/2...castle-towers/
Attached Images

martin and Paulimus like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 01:23 AM
Super Moderator

Interest: Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Photography. Enjoying the outdoors fresh air and fitness experience.

That is truly remarkable and spectacular country I never have done Castle Towers before.

K

Hiking is what keeps you young of mind and heart. When the going gets tough, the tough get going..............
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 10:31 AM
High on the Mountain Top

Wow, what a trip! too bad about the crampons/ice axe, or lack thereof. Still that was a great trek and I so enjoyed reading the whole adventure.

So true that no matter how frenzied the hot spots are, like Garibaldi lake, Joffre, the north shore etc, there is awesome isolation and adventure just over the hill. Last week I headed to Garibaldi for a day hike only to find the rubble creek parking area overflowing with cars and people ugh. Hopped in my SUV and scooted over to Chance ck for a scurry up to Brew Lake and hut. Other than a few guys coming down the trail just as I started, I was totally alone, in blissful solitude, the entire day, all the way up and down.

This coast still has that magnificence.
mick range likes this.

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Summit Master

Interest: Outdoor stuff...especially scrambling,trailrunning,mountain biking,kayaking,and hiking, and of course photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj6response View Post
Wow, what a trip! too bad about the crampons/ice axe, or lack thereof. Still that was a great trek and I so enjoyed reading the whole adventure.

So true that no matter how frenzied the hot spots are, like Garibaldi lake, Joffre, the north shore etc, there is awesome isolation and adventure just over the hill. Last week I headed to Garibaldi for a day hike only to find the rubble creek parking area overflowing with cars and people ugh. Hopped in my SUV and scooted over to Chance ck for a scurry up to Brew Lake and hut. Other than a few guys coming down the trail just as I started, I was totally alone, in blissful solitude, the entire day, all the way up and down.

This coast still has that magnificence.
Yes, we were lucky to get up the snowfield without spikes, but we made do. You're right about still being able to find quieter areas off the Sea to Sky though, you just have to learn where they are!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Summit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARVITK View Post
That is truly remarkable and spectacular country I never have done Castle Towers before.

K
Definitely well worth your time!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page