3Likes
  • 3 Post By samsquanch

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Default Mt. Corriveau 25 Mar 2019

Mt. Corriveau
25 Mar 2019

Hey there clubtread, this is my first trip report so we'll see how it goes, hopefully not a total mess.

I chose to hike Corriveau from the radium lake trail. Here's a view of Corriveau from the north, from Williams Pk.

I started at about 915am from outside the locked gate of chilliwack lake campground. Whether you are doing corriveau or macdonald or webb its great if you bring a bike to get you to the trailhead. It will save you a bunch of time getting thru the chilliwack lake campground and along the chilliwack river trail to the radium lake trailhead. On my bike it took me about 25min to reach the radium lake turnoff from where I parked. And this time included a nice wipe out on some ice just after the bridge over the river lol. I had to walk the bike thru a few sections of snow, I’m sure they are all melted now.

I stashed my bike at the radium lake trailhead. Continuous snow started soon after the suspension bridge and I put snowshoes on after the second creek crossing. The heavy wet snow made travel slow, but the route is easy to follow with lots of trail markers. I thought about heading straight up one of the gullys coming down from corriveau’s north ridge but I could also see a lot of cliff bands so I decided to just stick to the route I knew would go. I got to Radium Lake at about noon and took a little break.

From the lake I left the marked route and headed uphill to the SW. After about 150m gain from the lake the forest thins and I continue up towards the ridge. By 1pm I’m on the ridge and continue north towards the summit. Its mostly a gentle uphill walk along the ridge with a few little ups and downs.
looking north towards corriveau

looking back towards macdonald and webb

Just before 2pm I reach the top of Corriveau. There are two summits with the southern one being slightly higher. There are great views from the top, especially across to Rexford.
A few shots from the top

There is also a nice flat bivy rock near the summit.

I return via my route up.

Car to car was about 8hrs 40min
Cumulative gain of about 1890m
About 31 k round trip
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190325_131159.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	582.6 KB
ID:	265788  

Name:	20180514_125315-2.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	688.1 KB
ID:	265790  

Name:	20190325_120647.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	806.9 KB
ID:	265792  

Name:	20190325_135600.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	730.6 KB
ID:	265794  

Name:	20190325_135607.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	545.9 KB
ID:	265796  

Name:	20190325_135636.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	982.9 KB
ID:	265798  

Name:	20190325_135645.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	877.2 KB
ID:	265800  

Name:	20190325_140754.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	836.5 KB
ID:	265802  

Name:	20190325_142930.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	265804  

martin, KARVITK and John and Katie like this.

Last edited by samsquanch; 04-18-2019 at 07:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 11:27 PM
Summit Master

Terrific first report; almost like old-time classics, real breath of fresh air.

One tip in respect to photos: Use paper-clip icon in toolbar when inserting photos in text. This will eliminate redundancy (photo being shown both inline and at the bottom).
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

Interest: Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Photography. Enjoying the outdoors fresh air and fitness experience.

Agreed with Zeljkok.

Awesome contribution your first report. Your photos and style are great, and a wonderful addition to the log of all the other reports in club tread.

I look forward to future reports of your adventures.

I have hiked to Corriveau from the west up steeply sloping forested slopes some years ago., and plan and hope to get to MacDonald from that same route.

K

Hiking is what keeps you young of mind and heart. When the going gets tough, the tough get going..............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator

Interest: Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Photography. Enjoying the outdoors fresh air and fitness experience.

Clubtread is an excellent place to log and store your reports for future reference.

I use Clubtread for this purpose, and have posted well over 500 trip reports here, they are all available for your search and review.

K

Hiking is what keeps you young of mind and heart. When the going gets tough, the tough get going..............
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Thanks guys! Clubtread is really an amazing resource that every hiker can learn from.
I will take another look at the paper clip attachment tool for future reports, the first time I tried the icon it would only show me the first two photos I uploaded. I think maybe the problem was that I didn't upload photos to the next line each time.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsquanch View Post
Thanks guys! Clubtread is really an amazing resource that every hiker can learn from.
I will take another look at the paper clip attachment tool for future reports, the first time I tried the icon it would only show me the first two photos I uploaded. I think maybe the problem was that I didn't upload photos to the next line each time.

You are welcome. Note you can upload 10 photos at a time, once they are loaded in you can start with the next 10. Maximum # photos I believe is 40.

K

post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 06:24 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: Hiking (obviously), snowshoeing, backpacking

Great report and great pics! Thanks for posting and welcome to club tread! Always good to get some new contributors.

Wilderness is not a luxury but necessity of the human spirit.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page