FV = Fraser Valley Hector Ferguson Lake - July 8, 2018 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By uboat_hiker

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 06:10 AM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Arrow Hector Ferguson Lake - July 8, 2018

Its been a very long time since I visited this website, so hello again to everyone

I thought I'd stop by and share my trip I just did on Sunday July 8th up to Hector Ferguson Lake in Golden Ears.
What an adventure and test of my skills and endurance. It's definitely a trip and bushwack I'll never forget. It's not for everyone, but I personally found it fun.

I'm not into writing huge trip reports, I do enjoy making videos though. It's a little long, feel free to watch when you have some spare time.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180708_150113.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	259826  

susied likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 02:24 PM
Headed for the Mountains

I did Hector Ferguson lake many years ago and I was a slog then with a proper trail all the way to the lake I can't imagine how fun it would be now with all the blowdown. But you seemed to make the best of it.

On a side note good to see you posting on Clubtread I have watched your Stein video a few times while planning my second traverse this year just to remind me whats in store.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 04:14 AM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
I did Hector Ferguson lake many years ago and I was a slog then with a proper trail all the way to the lake I can't imagine how fun it would be now with all the blowdown. But you seemed to make the best of it.

On a side note good to see you posting on Clubtread I have watched your Stein video a few times while planning my second traverse this year just to remind me whats in store.

I'm glad that my Stein video is useful to you. That was my first ever attempt at video editing years ago. Kind of a scuffed job with bad camera equipment, but still informative I guess
I've been meaning to get back up there. I'm not so sure about doing the entire traverse again, but would definitely do Caltha/Tundra/Figure 8 lakes over a couple nights. Beautiful location up there that I'll never forget. Enjoy your trip, if you ever want a hiking partner I might be up for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator

Interest: Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Photography. Enjoying the outdoors fresh air and fitness experience.

Nice, what a go for you to get it down.

Not many can claim they have been to that lake, thank you very much for sharing your adventure and pictures. always wondered if I should give that a try, but think I'm getting a little aged for that sort of long endurance bushwhack

K

Hiking is what keeps you young of mind and heart. When the going gets tough, the tough get going..............
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 10:58 PM
Headed for the Mountains

That is really cool, not very many people do trip reports with videos! Looks like a great trip!

Chris S.
Organizer
The Outdoor AND Culture Club Meetup
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 07:11 AM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARVITK View Post
Nice, what a go for you to get it down.

Not many can claim they have been to that lake, thank you very much for sharing your adventure and pictures. always wondered if I should give that a try, but think I'm getting a little aged for that sort of long endurance bushwhack

K

I think it really depends on how much you want to do it. A great way to do this trip would be to stay the night at Halfmoon Beach or even at the river crossing area. Then get up the next morning and make the final push to the lake. And you're very welcome for the video; filming and editing this stuff has been an interesting hobby
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 06:15 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by uboat_hiker View Post
I'm glad that my Stein video is useful to you. That was my first ever attempt at video editing years ago. Kind of a scuffed job with bad camera equipment, but still informative I guess
I've been meaning to get back up there. I'm not so sure about doing the entire traverse again, but would definitely do Caltha/Tundra/Figure 8 lakes over a couple nights. Beautiful location up there that I'll never forget. Enjoy your trip, if you ever want a hiking partner I might be up for it.
Yeah I would have never thought I would to the traverse again so soon but with the trail being recently brushed out I am going to give it a go and hope it will be easier this time. I am also planning on knocking off all the peaks in the scrambles guide along with Elton lake so I won't have a reason to go back.

I leave in a week and a half but once I get back I will message you about getting out some time.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2018, 02:32 AM
Hittin' the Trails

Great post! This trek looks amazing! Super fun and challenging! Thank you for providing so much information. 🙂
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 06:33 AM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenk View Post
Great post! This trek looks amazing! Super fun and challenging! Thank you for providing so much information. 🙂

Thanks for the kind words Jenk, and you're welcome.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page