S2S = Sea to Sky Watersprite? More like Ice Sprite (BEARS) - Page 2 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2017, 12:59 AM
High on the Mountain Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglesavage View Post
I post almost all of my trail construction trips on the BCMC trip schedule. Guest memberships (non-members) are welcome to participate.
all of us non-joffre's appreciate the work you and crew have done at watersprite (although i do like joffre, no matter how many pairs of flip flops one sees on the trail ). It's been decades since I was at watersprite and it was seriously tough those many years ago. Must give it a go this summer. Where would we be without trail crews doing this work?

post #17 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2017, 11:16 AM
Hittin' the Trails

Thanks xj6response.

I have worked on many trails dating back to the early 1990's. I organize trail building trips and build trails simply because I enjoy the work and the challenge. Most importantly, I greatly enjoy the time I spend with the volunteer crew as they are fantastic people. These large time commitments on my part however does limit the amount of time I have for my own hiking trips and outdoor adventures. This is perhaps my one regret.
post #18 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2017, 10:33 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglesavage View Post
Thanks xj6response.

I have worked on many trails dating back to the early 1990's. I organize trail building trips and build trails simply because I enjoy the work and the challenge. Most importantly, I greatly enjoy the time I spend with the volunteer crew as they are fantastic people.
People doing all this for the sheer delight of being in our magnificent outdoors. Brilliant, that's the real spirit of conservation, being in the natural world while containing our impact on it

post #19 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 03:03 PM
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: Mountaineering

Ted Oliver and I hiked in to the lake on June 22nd. on our way to Gibson Pk. and the amount of work done on the trail is impressive, add my thank you to all the others. We were surprised at the number of people we met along the way considering it was midweek and yes we met "Joffres" huddled under a tree at the bottom of the headwall after turning back on the steep snow with only runners. The internet has opened the flood gates, I hope the cabin doesn't suffer as a result(the temporary hand rail and gate at the top of the steps had been ripped off when we were there. I forgot to retrieve a can of bear spray I hid behind a piece of plywood under the deck. Please hang on to it for me if you find. Thanks.
post #20 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 10:23 PM
Hittin' the Trails

Hi dblair,

Actually, the hand rail and gate were ripped off by the heavy snow winter and not by human hands. I am working on the trail this weekend, but will not be going as far as the cabin, so I can't retrieve your bear spray. I did inform our primary BCMC cabin custodian about it though.
post #21 of (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 12:13 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: hiking, exploring, reading, random shiny things

Great comments. I was looking at some photos from 1990 or so, and was horrified to see that I Joffreed the Black Tusk in tennis shoes. We all started somewhere and some of us even survived some poor decisions (like tobogganing down from said Tusk on a silver space blanket).

I'm so thankful for the incredible work by all the volunteers who put in time on trails, and to the people who share their tales of adventure so others can smile and/or learn from them.
Ryl and treord8 like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page