Frosty Mtn – Windy Joe/PCT Loop (Oct,1st,2016) - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

5Likes
  • 5 Post By mazeGirl

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
High on the Mountain Top

Default Frosty Mtn – Windy Joe/PCT Loop (Oct,1st,2016)

11 of us did Frosty Mtn – Windy Joe/PCT Loop this past Saturday,very beautiful route, highly recommend, total distance is around ~27km, elevation gain is ~1250m, this route is very good for the knees as Windy Joe Trail is longer,gentler and easier, also very well maintained. This was my second time doing it, loved! I will try to do it in early Oct annually for sure.

On our way back our group met 2 Americans who were finishing their 5+ month PCT, one is a young lawyer graduated from Harvard Law school, another is a self-employed consultant who lost 65 lb during the journey(he showed us before/after pics),they are our heroes and their stories really inspired and motivated us.....we hugged & admired them and walked several KMs with them together to the trail-end and gave the ride to them back to Vancouver....

Here are some of our pics telling the story!

Dru, Baker2008, dougz and 2 others like this.

Real success in your life is defined by happiness.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 05:35 PM
Off the Beaten Path

Beautiful photos Gloria. I was also up there on Saturday but I think your group must have been well ahead of us as we didn't see you. I've never done the Windy Joe portion of the loop but it sounds like I should include it next time. The initial scramble down from the junction on the ridge looked steep but I guess the rest of the hike is more gentle?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
High on the Mountain Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by happiestoutdoors View Post
Beautiful photos Gloria. I was also up there on Saturday but I think your group must have been well ahead of us as we didn't see you. I've never done the Windy Joe portion of the loop but it sounds like I should include it next time. The initial scramble down from the junction on the ridge looked steep but I guess the rest of the hike is more gentle?
We started hiking around ~8:30am, the initial scramble down from the junction on the ridge did look steep but not bad. I am the person who is afraid of the height and I can handle it without problem

We parked one car Windy Joe/PCT trailhead(trailend for us) and two other cars(all ppl) went to Lightening Lake trailend and started our hike there. We saved ~2.5 km road by car shuttling.

Real success in your life is defined by happiness.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 01:26 AM
Super Moderator

Interest: Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Photography. Enjoying the outdoors fresh air and fitness experience.

Gloria

Fine report decorated with beautiful pictures as always. Your report reminded me of my wish to take that longer more gentle route, after having gone up the usual way 4 to 5 times; a new path is welcome.

We head up to the meadows the day after your visit. A fine group you had with you.

Wonderful.

Karl

Hiking is what keeps you young of mind and heart. When the going gets tough, the tough get going..............
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 01:47 PM
Summit Master

Interest: I enjoy hiking

Nice pictures and good call on heading east on that Saturday. We headed towards Squamish and it rained alot. That's cool you guys gave the PCT hikers a ride back to Vancouver!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page