Skyline Ridge (Squamish) Loop - Page 2 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2016, 12:06 AM
Hittin' the Trails

Default route to Goat ridge

Yes, you are right it is a little more circuitous but when we explored last year there was still snow present so we didn't venture up the steeper route. Ive tried to attach screen shot of the route - hopefully it works. Sorry I'm new to this site.
The route is fun, not much bush and some neat scrambling on the slabs. We modified a little of the alder near the gully to make travel easier.
Attached Images

guntis likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2016, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: hiking, exploring, reading, random shiny things

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrymosa83 View Post
There is a route up to Goat ridge from the col between Goat and Copilot. By that I mean there is a flagged route that is maybe less steep than the one shown in the pictures here. It starts at the low point. Just head south down small draw from the col and you will pick up the red flagging. The route traverses around the south side of Goat ridge and then drops briefly into a rocky basin and crosses a gully. That section is a little rough. It then ascends along forested ledges and eventually heads up rock slabs to the crest of the ridge. The route has some class 3 in the rocky section but if you pick your way it is not very exposed. A few friends and I put it up earlier this year. It would be great to see it get some use, and it makes for a nice loop along logging roads back to the Seatosky gondola.
This is pure gold. Thank you!
post #18 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2016, 05:07 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrymosa83 View Post
Yes, you are right it is a little more circuitous but when we explored last year there was still snow present so we didn't venture up the steeper route. Ive tried to attach screen shot of the route - hopefully it works. Sorry I'm new to this site.
The route is fun, not much bush and some neat scrambling on the slabs. We modified a little of the alder near the gully to make travel easier.
I've heard the trials riders pushed a route up to Goat Ridge following roughly the same line but never investigated. Scrambling the ridge crest itself is quite fun but a mellower option would be good.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page