Tetrahedron Park - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

 4Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2015, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
Off the Beaten Path
 
cavecan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sechelt, BC, Canada.
Interest: Skidooing ,cross country skiing, snow shoeing and plow snow.
Posts: 604
Default Tetrahedron Park

Looks like all is ready for Winter the Tet club has been working on trails etc. There is no need for firewood airlift this season as wood use was lower then normal as warmer temps less snow etc last winter.
Cabins are in good shape please help keep them that way Nice to here info of how trails and cabins are after trips. Please remember to pay the low cabin use fees as they help pay for upkeep etc. There is a face nook page for Tet outdoor. some great pics and info. Snow should be coming soon to high elavations be prepared for changing conditions. Stay safe. Snow Dance might help
cavecan is offline  
Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
Off the Beaten Path
 
cavecan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sechelt, BC, Canada.
Interest: Skidooing ,cross country skiing, snow shoeing and plow snow.
Posts: 604
Default

Update for the tet there was a large school group up on Nov 11-12th. They found 6 inches of snow at Edwards. Then it was snowing heavy. Last weekend another large group was up and they found snow depth on the trail was up to there knees. Snow shoes highly recomended. Firewood is low at cabins so please use as if each piece was a $20 bill. It costs a huge amount to airlift firewood in by Helicopter. There are some great pics and info posted on Suncoastcentral.com site and also on Facebook at Tetoutdoor.

Lets hope the cold weather and snow last up there.Road will not be plowed as often as in years past so be prepared 4x4 and chains a good idea. Have fun stay safe..please share info on your trip conditions it helps others plan theres.
cavecan is offline  
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 10:29 PM
Super Moderator
 
KARVITK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Abbotsford, B.C., Canada.
Interest: Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Photography. Enjoying the outdoors fresh air and fitness experience.
Posts: 17,912
Default

Nice Cavecan.

Good to have you volunteer and report conditions for everyone to see. Looks this winter snow is off to a good start...

Already better than last winter.

K
KARVITK is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2015, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
Off the Beaten Path
 
cavecan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sechelt, BC, Canada.
Interest: Skidooing ,cross country skiing, snow shoeing and plow snow.
Posts: 604
Default Tet conditions

As of last week there was 10 cms snow at winter lot Gate is closed to summer lot. 40 cms snow around Edwards. Firewood is low at Edwards and Bachelor so please use it wisely. Some recent reports posted on www.suncoastcentral.com under outdoor reports. Temps have been up in daytime and low at night Thaw and freeze action.
Steventy likes this.
cavecan is offline  
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
Off the Beaten Path
 
cavecan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sechelt, BC, Canada.
Interest: Skidooing ,cross country skiing, snow shoeing and plow snow.
Posts: 604
Default

Have not heard much lately from Tet but Dakota Ridge has between 60-100cms of snow. It was snowing heavy on sat at Dakota. So expect there could be some deep snow in Tet. Already more snow then all last winter. Temps are to be dropping again so more snow coming. enjoy and have safe trip. Lots of snow falling at 5000ft webcam at Black tusk. check out there webcam at btsc.ca click on webcam almost live pic at the snowmobile clubs lodge Alpha Adventures posted posted a great video snowing at Dakota. on there face book page.
cavecan is offline  
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-14-2015, 03:32 PM
High on the Mountain Top
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Posts: 2,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavecan View Post
Have not heard much lately from Tet but Dakota Ridge has between 60-100cms of snow. It was snowing heavy on sat at Dakota. So expect there could be some deep snow in Tet. Already more snow then all last winter. Temps are to be dropping again so more snow coming. enjoy and have safe trip. Lots of snow falling at 5000ft webcam at Black tusk. check out there webcam at btsc.ca click on webcam almost live pic at the snowmobile clubs lodge Alpha Adventures posted posted a great video snowing at Dakota. on there face book page.

Thanks for the updates! Our big group of 10+ will do an overnight snowshoeing trip to Mt. Steele Cabin this coming weekend (Dec 19-20)and stay overnight in the cabin on Saturday night, I'll update the road/trail condition once we come back.

My contact email is [email protected] or [email protected]

Here are some pics from our last trip there (March,22-23,2014):

https://forums.clubtread.com/27-briti...23-2014-a.html

Thanks and happy holiday season!

Gloria

Real success in your life is defined by happiness.

Last edited by mazeGirl; 12-17-2015 at 06:55 PM.
mazeGirl is offline  
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-14-2015, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Off the Beaten Path
 
cavecan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sechelt, BC, Canada.
Interest: Skidooing ,cross country skiing, snow shoeing and plow snow.
Posts: 604
Default

Was up to winter lot yesterday to clear. Tree off the road there was 8 inches of wet slushy snow at that time. Today I was up there and went out north side of grey creek from parking lot as soon as we climbed a bit the snow depth grew to 4 ft. All the wet snow had froze hard. Freezing level was down very low. Snow shoes or skis a must. There were 2 groups of people going in so hope for more info soon. Please try to spread your tire tracks out when you can to pack the width of road down. This will keep road open longer and might not need ploughing as often. Chains a good idea along with shovel and tow strap in case you need a pull or someone else does. Have fun stay safe

Heard some reindeer flying around practicing there landings. Watch out for there poop
mazeGirl likes this.
cavecan is offline  
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-14-2015, 11:46 PM
Super Moderator
 
KARVITK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Abbotsford, B.C., Canada.
Interest: Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Photography. Enjoying the outdoors fresh air and fitness experience.
Posts: 17,912
Default

Excellent updating, Cavecan. right in the spirit of this yuletide season.

K
KARVITK is offline  
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 01:18 PM
High on the Mountain Top
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Posts: 2,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavecan View Post
Was up to winter lot yesterday to clear. Tree off the road there was 8 inches of wet slushy snow at that time. Today I was up there and went out north side of grey creek from parking lot as soon as we climbed a bit the snow depth grew to 4 ft. All the wet snow had froze hard. Freezing level was down very low. Snow shoes or skis a must. There were 2 groups of people going in so hope for more info soon. Please try to spread your tire tracks out when you can to pack the width of road down. This will keep road open longer and might not need ploughing as often. Chains a good idea along with shovel and tow strap in case you need a pull or someone else does. Have fun stay safe

Heard some reindeer flying around practicing there landings. Watch out for there poop
Thanks Cavin for the useful information, we will for sure bring the chains along with shovel and tow strap when we go there this weekend. will update the info once we come back, you are more than welcome to join us if you want, we will bring/carry a lots yummy homemade Chinese food to share! -

Real success in your life is defined by happiness.

Last edited by mazeGirl; 12-15-2015 at 01:20 PM.
mazeGirl is offline  
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Off the Beaten Path
 
cavecan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sechelt, BC, Canada.
Interest: Skidooing ,cross country skiing, snow shoeing and plow snow.
Posts: 604
Default

Great start to winter already twice as much snow in the Tet then all of last year. Please remember to pay cabin fees as they go to take care of cabins etc. The Firewood costs a huge amount to airlift in by Helicopter and all materials to repair cabins too. Dont waste the firewood treat it like each piece is a twenty dollar bill. I can cost $10,000 a year to airlift in. Even though it is a provincail park the local Tet club pays for up keep of cabins and trails etc. Help out by taking care of the cabins. The club pays to upkeep the road also your $10 a night goes to good use. Have fun Have a great winter season.
cavecan is offline  
post #11 of (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 05:07 PM
High on the Mountain Top
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Posts: 2,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavecan View Post
Great start to winter already twice as much snow in the Tet then all of last year. Please remember to pay cabin fees as they go to take care of cabins etc. The Firewood costs a huge amount to airlift in by Helicopter and all materials to repair cabins too. Dont waste the firewood treat it like each piece is a twenty dollar bill. I can cost $10,000 a year to airlift in. Even though it is a provincail park the local Tet club pays for up keep of cabins and trails etc. Help out by taking care of the cabins. The club pays to upkeep the road also your $10 a night goes to good use. Have fun Have a great winter season.
Great friendly reminder even for us who always pay the cabin fees and make sure it is clean when we leave! and I can't agree with all what you said more! Thank you and thanks to the local Tet Club for maintaining such beautiful backcountry cabins!

Real success in your life is defined by happiness.

Last edited by mazeGirl; 12-15-2015 at 05:16 PM.
mazeGirl is offline  
post #12 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2015, 09:02 PM
High on the Mountain Top
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Posts: 2,153
Default

just want to update our trip this coming weekend to Mt.Steele Cabin, Instead of the originally planned 12+ ppl, we downsized to 10 ppl this time due to the bad weather.

Sorry for any inconvenience we caused and welcome to join us @Mt.Steele Cabin, a lots real Yummy Chinese food to share!

Real success in your life is defined by happiness.
mazeGirl is offline  
post #13 of (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 11:30 PM
High on the Mountain Top
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Posts: 2,153
Default

4X4 with chains is must for going there, we stayed in Edwards Cabin instead as the snow was so deep and avy risk was high. next day we broke ~1.5 km trail toward Steele Cabin and turned around @11am........

Here are some road/trail conditions to share, will write a TR later.

https://vimeo.com/149722565
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a3.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	111970  

Click image for larger version

Name:	a2.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	111978  

Attached Images
  

Real success in your life is defined by happiness.

Last edited by mazeGirl; 12-21-2015 at 11:52 PM.
mazeGirl is offline  
post #14 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 01:11 PM
High on the Mountain Top
 
xj6response's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sunshine Coast, BC, Canada.
Posts: 2,159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazeGirl View Post
4X4 with chains is must for going there, we stayed in Edwards Cabin instead as the snow was so deep and avy risk was high. next day we broke ~1.5 km trail toward Steele Cabin and turned around @11am........

Here are some road/trail conditions to share, will write a TR later.

https://vimeo.com/149722565

I cannot believe you actually took all that incredible looking food with you! If that's how you eat on your trips, I'm definitely going to join you in the new year

A great snow year .... good for skiing and good for our watersheds ... but that snowshoeing stuff, not so much . That's a quite steep trail up to Mt Steele cabin even in the summer

________________________________
xj6response is offline  
post #15 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 07:42 PM
High on the Mountain Top
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,036
Default

Curious what's the snowshoe brand/size you guys were using?
StevenSong is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1