Joffre Lakes - Wow !!!! - Page 4 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 11:57 AM

WOW!!!! Great pictures you guys and a nice TR too. Man I need to buy my tent and sleeping bag ASAP. I am missing out on all these fantastic CT trips.

Hey Hiking Nut, how was your new BD shelter? I know the tent was not really tested because the weather was so great? What are the things you like and dislike about it? With your good luck for such nice, sunny weather hikes I fear we will never here how it handles a storm.

Stormwolf, is your tent the Cabela's XPG Solo? If it is, how has it preformed for you?

----------------------------------------
The first revolution is when you change your mind, about how you look at things, and see that there might be another way to look at it that you have not been shown.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 01:22 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: and Interests: Hiking, cycling, down-hill skiing, generally just being in the great outdoors, also enjoy X-country skiing, canoeing or kayaking, gardening, dancing & travelling

Gorgeous pictures! Joffre will definitely be one that I will have do sooner than later as it was already on my hit list for 2004.
post #48 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

My Black Diamond: Firstlight tent is great. I really enjoyed getting a couple bags nights in it.

The only thing I don't like about it is that it's a short tent. I'm 5'8" tall, and anyone taller would not be comfortable and would not be able to stretch out.

That's it. Other than that, I am very pleased with it.

Thanks for all the kind write up's on this thread. It was truly a very enjoyable trip!

"Everybody loves the Nut !!!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 05:41 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: Backpacking, camping, reading, traveling.

For your viewing pleasure...more pics...

Middle Lake

Your intrepid explorer [8D]

Upper Lake

Some bums loungin around the beach

"... So many frosted moonlit nights I've sat and felt The cold before dawn." -- Mountain poem by Shih-Wu
post #50 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 05:45 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: Backpacking, camping, reading, traveling.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by fullofadventure

Stormwolf, is your tent the Cabela's XPG Solo? If it is, how has it preformed for you?
Yes, it is the XPG Solo. It is an excellent little tent. Very light, easy to setup and accomadates my 6foot frame. I can sit up in it and do not feel cramped. Unfortunately, it has not seen a storm yet but I have heard that it holds its own. I think I paid around $130 CDN for it....not a bad price at all. It has taped seams but requires a bit of sealing around the floor corners. I went ahead and seam-sealed the whole thing anyway

"... So many frosted moonlit nights I've sat and felt The cold before dawn." -- Mountain poem by Shih-Wu
post #51 of (permalink) Old 06-30-2004, 04:20 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Outdoor stuff...especially scrambling,trailrunning,mountain biking,kayaking,and hiking, and of course photography

Nice trip,Todd.I'll have to wait till my eyes clear up to see all the pics,thoughI'm going later this month-can't wait!
post #52 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 11:08 PM

I love the picture of the three lakes !
I also camped at the premier spot......that little peninsula where only one tent can be pitched.
post #53 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

Interest: Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Photography. Enjoying the outdoors fresh air and fitness experience.

Neat Joiffre Lakes trip report from two years ago. Some great pictures when the sky was clear and the sun was out to give a great hand to some superb photography. I guess that guy heading out into the lake got overheated running the trail and needed some vitamin D. Was that you Hiking Nut???

Regards,
post #54 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

Twasn't thou, that is "The Hiker".

Joffre Lakes in June is usually an annual pilgramage of mine, but I don't think I'll be able to fit it in this year. Maybe later in the summer or the fall.

"Git er'dun!".
post #55 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 11:25 AM
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: Backpacking

Hey HN, if you ever decide to hike the Joffre Lakes later this season, I wouldn't mind going back twice the same year. Let me know...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page