Alouette today, no pics - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2013, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Off the Beaten Path

Default Alouette today, no pics

Made it up Alouette today, all the way to the summit with no snowshoes, this warm spell has consolidated the snow up there, very warm , and also wet, was raining on the summit. Did not bring a camera, but there wasn't any views up there anyway. Rain didn't bother Frank he had a great time.

Hats off to the Ridge Meadows Outdoor Club for keeping the trial in good shape, also thanks to whoever decorated the x-mas tree near the lookout, was a nice surprise.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2013, 10:27 PM
Headed for the Mountains

What route did you take?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2013, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
Off the Beaten Path

went the standard flagged trail, I know it as the Alouette mountain trail, starts at the incline trail from Mike Lake
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Larry

What route did you take?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 01:48 AM
Headed for the Mountains

A friend and I were up Alouette on sunday, we had the same weather with the same lack of views. We turned around just before the summit though. We were worried about being trapped since the gate is locked so early. I didn't help that accidentally we took the right hand spur just before the second short cut trail thinking it was the second short cut and found the trail ending on a steep flagged route that rejoined the trail at the view point around 10.5 km or so. When I go back I am going to take the evans creek trail to get there I don't even know why people would take this route when the evans route is available and a better trail.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 02:22 AM
Headed for the Mountains

Yea last time up I took the Evans Peak trail and found it interesting, and direct, did the standard trail years back. You should checkout the Evans Peak/Alouette trail if you have not been on it.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
Off the Beaten Path

I saw some tracks up there that were fairly fresh, must have been yours
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MikeW

A friend and I were up Alouette on sunday, we had the same weather with the same lack of views. We turned around just before the summit though. We were worried about being trapped since the gate is locked so early. I didn't help that accidentally we took the right hand spur just before the second short cut trail thinking it was the second short cut and found the trail ending on a steep flagged route that rejoined the trail at the view point around 10.5 km or so. When I go back I am going to take the evans creek trail to get there I don't even know why people would take this route when the evans route is available and a better trail.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
Off the Beaten Path

I have heard of that trial, good idea, have to try that one next time, where is the starting point for that ?

Quote:

Yea last time up I took the Evans Peak trail and found it interesting, and direct, did the standard trail years back. You should checkout the Evans Peak/Alouette trail if you have not been on it.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 10:27 AM
Headed for the Mountains

Here is alhikes post, it has a link at the bottom of the post that links to a photo album and I think it is the second picture that shows the alternate trail.

https://www.clubtread.com/sforum/topi...ms=Golden,ears
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 11:09 AM
Headed for the Mountains

Start from West Canyon parking lot, about 10 minutes into the hike you will see a sign on your left for look out, or veiw point, take that one.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MarkT2008

I have heard of that trial, good idea, have to try that one next time, where is the starting point for that ?

Quote:

post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 02:23 PM
Summit Master

Mark - on a standard approach from Mike Lake, where did the snow start? I.e. would Whiskey Beautiful loop be snow / ice free? (Beautiful Lake is just off when you leave old road next to helipad and plunge into forest)
post #11 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Off the Beaten Path

Near the helipad area, is just a few light patches of snow, didn't hit a solid layer until about 1/2 hour past that, it picked up near where a small bridge across a creek has collapsed, if you know that spot

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by zeljkok

Mark - on a standard approach from Mike Lake, where did the snow start? I.e. would Whiskey Beautiful loop be snow / ice free? (Beautiful Lake is just off when you leave old road next to helipad and plunge into forest)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page