Berg Lake and Snowbird Pass, July 17-20, 2013 - Page 2 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 11:03 AM
High on the Mountain Top

We just returned from this same trip and were absolutely amazed by how many kids were on the trail, ages 3 and up. On our way out we even saw a woman with a jogging stroller in Robson Meadows. The 3-1/2 yo was walking, mom's gear was in the stroller. Maybe they were choppered in a few days before as I cannot imagine getting that thing up the trail. The night before a woman arrived in camp in a skirt. (long hair/skirt, family from Cache Creek)

Our favourite family was one we nicknamed the dad 'SuperDad'. He was carrying 90 lbs, mom and the 7 yo boy had medium packs, and the 5 yo girl was carrying 1.5 litres of water, her stuffed animal and blankie, and the TP. A very important pack for sure. They were planning on being out for 7 nights.

These children told us all about their biking adventures in the Chilcotin in the previous weeks, and were very at-home on the trail. They even went out to filter water alone (at Whitehorn, across the bridge). Very capable children for sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 11:14 PM
Summit Master

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by trailflower

We just returned from this same trip and were absolutely amazed by how many kids were on the trail, ages 3 and up. On our way out we even saw a woman with a jogging stroller in Robson Meadows. The 3-1/2 yo was walking, mom's gear was in the stroller. Maybe they were choppered in a few days before as I cannot imagine getting that thing up the trail. The night before a woman arrived in camp in a skirt. (long hair/skirt, family from Cache Creek)
Agreed. Probably 1/4 of the parties in the area included children. We were left puzzled as to why we had never thought of bringing our child there while she was younger.

We arrived at Berg Lake the day before the party including the two women in skirts and their Chariot jogging stroller. We arrived on Tuesday and they arrived on Wednesday. Helicopter fights are on Mondays and Fridays only, so they must have hiked in.

Child strollers such as their Chariot with the 3-wheel jogging setup are very capable. You can hold the handle to run them on any one of the three wheels. With the rear two lifted, it's like a luxury wheelbarrow. You can get them up stairs by backing up the stairs. I think you can get brakes for them. You really have to try one out to see what they can do. I was going to take a picture of their stroller on the porch of the shelter, but it had been moved by the time I got my camera.
post #18 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2013, 07:18 AM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: hiking, skiing, camping, SAR, Canadian Rangers (army reserve)

Good weather for it, nice!

We've only made it to Kinney Lake because of our dog, but I'll definitely have to make it back there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2013, 09:45 AM
Headed for the Mountains

I also did this trip with my kids,they still talk about it.....great place for a family hike with the cooking shelters.Good pik for your hike.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page