Lizzie Lake Road update with video - Page 2 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of (permalink) Old 07-20-2015, 05:41 AM
Hittin' the Trails

I am planning a trek into Tundra Lake. How are the conditions, and is the trail from the Lizzie Lake Cabin well flagged? Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of (permalink) Old 07-20-2015, 10:09 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steventy View Post
Thanks for the additional info on later season conditions.
Agreed!
post #18 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 04:54 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: Err, need you ask? Hiking :-)

I added a quick update on the road in another thread (I'll add something to the main conditions thread later when I get chance).

The trail from Lizzie Lake up to the cabin is well marked and easy to follow. There are numerous downed trees to make life more difficult/interesting, but none of them is especially hard to deal with. Watch for a wasp's nest as the trail levels out again just before passing through a small boggy meadow. (Fortunately they weren't bothered by our group choosing to rest there :-)

The trail from the cabin is well-defined up to Arrowhead Lake, then Heart Lake and beyond to the col above Iceberg Lake. (Just make sure you follow the flagging and turn right over the creek soon after leaving the cabin, and not take the obvious path that dead-ends in the meadows...) After Iceberg Lake, follow the cairns onto the east shoulder of Tabletop and you should pick up a trail just before the descent into Cherry Pip pass. Out of the pass, the trail becomes faint but it is there if you look closely, even where it crosses the (numerous) boulder fields (with cairns for help). This trail will lead you down to Caltha Lake - if that's not where you're heading, you'll have to watch for that and continue following the contours to pick up another trail up to the pass above Tundra Lake.

I can provide GPS tracks if anyone is interested.

Finally, if you're wavering, just go :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 07:27 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Went Tundra lake twice in the past, the second time we used the bypass trail which was very scary & exposed for me. thinking to go there again this year once under the condition that I don't need to use the bypass trail. it might be ok to cross the creek nearby the trailhead as we don't have much snow this year?? any current updates on creek crossing? Thanks!

Real success in your life is defined by happiness.
post #20 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2015, 07:40 AM
Hittin' the Trails

Aspersa, GPS tracks would be awesome. I have a map and and old jagged track I found but a more recent track/waypoints would be amazing. We're going in 2 weeks.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page