Upper Joffre Lake City - July 7-8 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Headed for the Mountains

Default Upper Joffre Lake City - July 7-8

The place resembled a shanty town as I approached the upper lake. Must have been 30 or so people camped out - some had even carried up lawn chairs and massive quantities of booze.

Camped out on a very small ledge as tent sites were a premium - but had a large flat rock to hang out on with a nice "back" to it. Not a couch by any stretch but my view was fantastic.

Park staff were out picking up garbage etc which was great to see - the outhouse was obliterated by an avalanche but they rigged up some tarps etc around it.

Pics here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kirk567...7630501433936/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 12:17 PM
Summit Master

Interest: TO GET OUTSIDE! Hiking, backpacking, canoeing, bushwacking, scrambling

Good god I hope they carried out all the crap they lugged up ... especially the lawn chairs - those have a tendency to be left behind at any lazy-ass campsite to begin with

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ph0n3y

The place resembled a shanty town as I approached the upper lake. Must have been 30 or so people camped out - some had even carried up lawn chairs and massive quantities of booze.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

Interest: Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Photography. Enjoying the outdoors fresh air and fitness experience.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Spunky

Good god I hope they carried out all the crap they lugged up ... especially the lawn chairs - those have a tendency to be left behind at any lazy-ass campsite to begin with

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ph0n3y

Ditto.

Hope whatever they brought up with them, they took the stuff back down.

K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 01:43 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: Err, need you ask? Hiking :-)

No kidding - we went up for the day on Saturday and it was a real gong show. We passed the group with the lawn chairs - one of them was in serious trouble before the middle lake with bad cramp and what looked to me to be the early stages of heat stroke. Congrats on finding a spot to put your tent We saw some people clearing snow away from a couple of the unoccupied sites.

Bug report: a few irritating black flies, and the usual horde of hungry mozzies near the lower lake. Plus a good number of tourists.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page