Getting my groove back - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Summit Master

Interest: Hiking, flyfishing, camping, photography, kayaking, swimming, x-country skiing wana get my open water dive certification... scrabble, mean yatzee player.........
Default Getting my groove back

Backgrounder: So I thought I'd test the ankle out with Alexa on Elk on Friday, thinking if things get uncomfortable, I could always turn around...
<---Gawd...either I'm losing my groove or she's getting HEAVY! Probably a bit of both. [B)][:I] I need more time off work on a regular basis.[]

The forest was its lovely, lush green late-spring self in the clinging mist. Nice to be out again!

It was a slow go but we made it. Near the top we met up with another couple who had started up a few minutes before us. I got the usual exclamations about the load and had a quick chat with them before heading into the shelter of the trees of Winger camp.

By the way if you've recently lost something in the trees on Elk and you can describe it to me, I'll get it back to you.

On the way down I was really feeling the weight of a packed Alexa in my left knee and hip. This would never do...

So on Saturday I had some me-time and I thought I should work on getting that groove back.

The choice was the Flora trail with the idea to try for the upper flat camp spot just before the traverse of the old burn. Summit wouldn't have been an option today for lack of time, and the conditions weren't exactly favourable either.

I found the trail in good shape and snowfree for the most part up till just before my destination. The views..were of cloud but hey I was here for the exercise.

<--[^][] (Maiden Voyage)

Elevation total; a little under 1800m in two days, the ankle held but the knee and the hip are being whiney. Gonna have to hit the Yoga mat I think.

<i><font size=\"2\">Look to the mountains to learn of beauty and grace, for nowhere else will you find so pure an offering.</font id=\"size2\"></i>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 11:47 AM
High on the Mountain Top

Not sure who's cuter. Alexa or the chocolate lab.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 12:51 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Hiking, biking, kayaking, swimming, tai chi, meditation.

I don't know how you do it Jenn, that's a heavy load for a woman twice your size! Good going! Your determination and perserverance are inspiring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 02:27 PM
EAK
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: climbing, hiking, birding, art, writing, reading, volunteering in corrections

^^ I agree, you are inspired and inspirational!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 02:31 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Bummer...injuries suck.

I can relate. Unfortunately Alexa will only get heavier and want to be down more frequently as is the case with Isaac these days. I don't set my sights on anything too lengthy as it usually takes him 1 hour to cover 1km and thats only if there isn't water nearby to throw rocks in.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Summit Master

Interest: Hiking, flyfishing, camping, photography, kayaking, swimming, x-country skiing wana get my open water dive certification... scrabble, mean yatzee player.........

They are both equally cute most days...

Thanks Lynn and Ed.

I hope she starts walking more Cody...I've gone out with her just for the purpose of getting her to do a bit of "hiking" on her own terms (even if that means distance counted in metres instead of kilometres!)...it usually doesn't take long before she wants "up". But she is getting good at labelling forest stuff these days..
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 06:30 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Hiking, photography,

Lots of challenges, but you three pulled it off!!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 07:27 PM
Summit Master

Interest: TO GET OUTSIDE! Hiking, backpacking, canoeing, bushwacking, scrambling

Good to hear Jenn! [8D]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 07:48 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: Photography, Nature Observation, Health & Fitness, Nutrition, Shinrin-yoku

I hope your knee and hip gets better. Lindeman would have be a little less grueling.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 10:24 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Hiking, photography,

My knee is great!! Acupuncture really did the trick. It really has responded. Experienced doctor really helped. I got lucky.
post #11 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
Summit Master

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by solo75

I hope your knee and hip gets better. Lindeman would have be a little less grueling.
I sure they will, just going to have to beat them into submission

Maybe a nice saunter at Rathtrevor or along Englishman next weekend would be a kinder, gentler choice.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page