User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Hittin' the Trails

Interest: HIKING, BACKPACKING, SKIING

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by KISBOO

here is my blah blah blahs...

the pics from my private trip to Merriot brings me some thought about hike. Jeff and I met another couple on the way. They are super fit and pleasant. most of enthusiastic hikers i met are anonymous to CT. I show my true respect to them. I am not coming CT to judge. I came to here to thank those one who gave my info about trail, about hike, about mountains.

My last words to your group, if you really do love mountains, please step on the ground to bend your knee to bow before them and learn...

When anyone replies to a specific post, one should address the reply to its context. MazeGirl's original intention was to share with CT members an interesting slide show made by Flex. The slide show contained photos of hikes done in 2007, no extra information about trail, about hike, about mountains.

It looks to me that there was nothing controversial at all except someone might not want his/her photo to be posted (and it is understandable).

Who you met, who you respected, and who you thanked have nothing to do with this post.

You said that "I am not coming CT to judge." But "My last words to your group?
How do you make your judgement that this group needs your unsolicited advice?

I am a member of this group so I speak out. There are many people (some are from CT as well) hiked with MazeGirl but it does not mean that they are the group of MazeGirl. I registered with CT so I am also a CT member.

If you dislike the author of this post just write to her directly. If you want to say you are not related to MazeGirl's group you may create a New Post and do so. Don't spoil the spirit of this post. Don't put your general judegement over the whole group of people to make yourself look superior.

One more interesting observation: I do not "bend my knees to bow before the mountain". I am not superstitious. I prefer reading Mountaineering Guide books etc. Bowing won't help; reading may help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 04:56 PM
Off the Beaten Path

Great slide show ,

Thxs for posting.
post #18 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ALEXYIM
I do not "bend my knees to bow before the mountain". I am not superstitious. I prefer reading Mountaineering Guide books etc. Bowing won't help; reading may help.
Yes, true. Good post Alexyim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Dru
Super Moderator

Interest: climbing and spraying

I like to do both

Although this was for sun and not for mountains.
post #20 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 05:15 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Hiking, biking, kayaking, swimming, tai chi, meditation.

your bow didn't work Drew, the sun still hides to this day
post #21 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator

Interest: Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Photography. Enjoying the outdoors fresh air and fitness experience.

I tried this video, but apparently it is not available.

Nice picture the first and only one I saw.

K
post #22 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 09:09 PM
Summit Master

Interest: TO GET OUTSIDE! Hiking, backpacking, canoeing, bushwacking, scrambling

Thanks Kisboo for causing such a stink. Now none of us can enjoy the slideshow that Flex took time to make and that MG was kind enough to share with us with Flex's permission.

If hiking is so private to you, then may I suggest that you not participate in online forums, clubs, and people dedicated to the sport who will most likely make it public via the internet?

MG, I feel bad that you are almost always getting some grief for your posts. Just know that most of us appreciate your participation and your passion for the outdoors and sharing it with a large number of people.
post #23 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator

Interest: Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Photography. Enjoying the outdoors fresh air and fitness experience.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Spunky

Thanks Kisboo for causing such a stink. Now none of us can enjoy the slideshow that Flex took time to make and that MG was kind enough to share with us with Flex's permission.

If hiking is so private to you, then may I suggest that you not participate in online forums, clubs, and people dedicated to the sport who will most likely make it public via the internet?

MG, I feel bad that you are almost always getting some grief for your posts. Just know that most of us appreciate your participation and your passion for the outdoors and sharing it with a large number of people.
This KISSBOO comes across as a condescending little "t"

K
post #24 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 09:41 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Frolicking in the snow, hanging out on summits, chilling out, eating, and laughing in the company of my friends.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dru

I like to do both

Although this was for sun and not for mountains.
Ahem! These pictures were taken by me. Who are you to use my stuff on the internet? You are in deep trouble. [)]

Btw MG, I enjoyed the pictures. Never posted a thing when I first saw them but thanks for posting!
post #25 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 10:03 PM
Summit Master

Sorry to hear MG. Your trips seem to attract comments from the crazies.
post #26 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 10:15 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Hiking, biking, kayaking, swimming, tai chi, meditation.

I wish for the slide show to come back.
post #27 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 06:49 PM
Summit Master

You know I've been trying to think of how to respond here but I just can't. I am annoyed and also wish that this little screen tribute be returned for us to enjoy.

enough said
post #28 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 10:36 PM
Ed
Headed for the Mountains

Kisboo I too am at a loss of not what to say here, but how to say it, as your actions are that of an infant. I have rewritten this several times though as I won't sit idly by and let your piss poor negative attitudes towards Maxegirl go unchecked. Clearly you have "issues" with mazegirl, who I have met and respect. I say "issues" as I am holding back my very french and at times volitile temper for fear longshadow would once again have to lock another thread. The spirit of this thread has been quite effectively tainted by you, I hope that this little short lived victory churns in your thoughts. I enjoyed the veiws and perspective of the many slides in the presentation and what they represented. Which is why I have decided to post in the hopes that Mazegirl once again allows many others to enjoy the link once more. Really since your pictures were never posted I don't see why on earth you bothered to interject. I am pretty sure you will read this to see just how much of a fuss you have stirred, which is good as I can tell you to F--k O--. Sorry Jim back to anger management!!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page