Evans Creek - Snow Caves to Lower Falls Jun.30.07 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Interest: Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Photography. Enjoying the outdoors fresh air and fitness experience.
Default Evans Creek - Snow Caves to Lower Falls Jun.30.07

Hello Everyone:

The hike to Evans Creek is my ongoing string of hikes I am continuing to explore the Evans Creek snow caves and how they develop during the late spring thaw:

This day I got nine CT Members to join me on this hike and it was great to share the shear wild beauty of the Evans Creek trail and valley with this great company:

We met up at Fern Crescent at 9:10 a.m. and then proceeded to The West Canyon Park Parking Lot, and from there 9:45 am we were on the trail.

Stu(MrB), Jamey, Ivy (IC), (Deeks), Lynn (Flowing Brook), Mark (Fallguy),Andrea (Andigo),Ron (Skyhawk), and (Shan) ??

Wally (Wildman) had signed up but he had gone ahead, looking forward to his adventure on the high ridge and his many pictures.

My apologies for mixing and forgetting names for the last two young ladies on this trip.

Group pics -

On the Evans Creek Trail -

Onto the Creek Bed -

Waterfalls & Snow Cave -

Surprise surprise, Ron Paley (Ronbo) had trekked solo up ahead of us and greeted us just above the snow cave. It was a pleasure meeting you, and many thanks for your assitance.

Alouette Mtn & Evans Peak pics

After completion of the Evans Creek Hike, few hours behind schedule. Lynn, Stu, and Ron joined me for idea #2 for this days hiking, so from West Canyon Parking Lot we drove to the East Canyon Parking Lot, and headed out for the Lower Falls (about 1-1/2 hours return). By this time skies had cleared fully.

Evans Valley from Gold Creek Trail to Lower Falls:

Lower Falls (Gold Creek)

A fine finish to the day

Regards,

Hiking is what keeps you young of mind and heart. When the going gets tough, the tough get going..............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 10:55 AM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: hiking,hiking,hiking and more hiking

Good job karl and gang, looks like the weather finaly cooperated with you. What is the lenght of this hike? Would like to get up there in the next few weeks to view these for ourselves! Great pics as per usual.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Interest: Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Photography. Enjoying the outdoors fresh air and fitness experience.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by hikerdude1970

Good job karl and gang, looks like the weather finaly cooperated with you. What is the lenght of this hike? Would like to get up there in the next few weeks to view these for ourselves! Great pics as per usual.
Hikerdude

At a reasonable good pace, this hike can be completed in 4 to 4-1/2 hours round trip. Trail starts off about a few minutes to the left (north) before you reach the Evans Creek bridge (two bridges). It is overgrown and you have to carefully check the brush on the side for the trail, trail follows the creek up until it enters the creek bed. At this point the creek forks, take the right one (north arm) and follow it all the way until you reach the snow and snow caves.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 12:19 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Outward bound author of the Seinfeld thread who builds his own snowshoes

I know there were several of these last year. do you plan on leading any more this year.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 08:20 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: hiking,biking and kyaking

It was great to hike with you again.Nice to meet everyone in this large group.It was interesting to see the snow caves melting away slowly with lots of snow still there in the valley.Thanks for organizing this trip. [8D]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 08:29 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Hiking, biking, kayaking, swimming, tai chi, meditation.

Great report Karl, thank's so much for leading this hike. You know we always enjoy having you as our leader and hiking partner. I think you're a compassionate and patient man.
Here's the group we started up with before meeting Ronbo at the caves:

On the trail:

Going uphill on bolders was a new experience for me, it turns out that my joints didn't like it much so I had to take a day off hiking.

There was beautiful moss everywhere, but then ... come to think of it, that's normal for this area:

Wildman(Wally) was going to meet us but I think he ended going up here somewhere:

There were creeks to cross and beautiful scenery:

It was wonderful to meet more Club Tread members in person and see familiar faces again. I had a great day.
Happy trails,
Lynn
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 08:33 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Hiking, biking, kayaking, swimming, tai chi, meditation.

Oh, and thanks Ron (SKYHAWK) for the great cookies. You make the best cookies I ever tasted! We should all bake cookies for club tread hikes coz calories don't count on hikes ya know...lol
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 09:34 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Hiking, photography,

Beautiful country! Serious waterflow, too! Great to be out in all that deep green, lush forest, too. Maybe a geocache of cookies for
your next hike? mmmmm...
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 09:40 PM
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: Hiking / Kayaking / Tai Chi /Enjoying nature

`Wow! what a fantastic trail/area. I cant hike at the moment so reading this wonderful TR was the next best thing to being there with you. Throughly enjoyed the write up and pics, thank you Karl and Lynn. I WILL get up there in the future.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 09:53 PM

Great hike Karl!!! Absolutely breath taking views, and lots of variation in terrian... starting from fun narrow trails, to bush-wacking through the Salmonberry, fun scrambles up the river, to the neat remains of ice and snow! Great to be able to do with such a good group of hikers ^_^

post #11 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Farmer

I know there were several of these last year. do you plan on leading any more this year.
Hello Farmer.

I am considering another trip latter on in the month, it depends on timing with other things happening on my schedule.

Regards,
post #12 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Flowing-Brook

Oh, and thanks Ron (SKYHAWK) for the great cookies. You make the best cookies I ever tasted! We should all bake cookies for club tread hikes coz calories don't count on hikes ya know...lol
Lynn. Thank you for your kind compliments, very much enjoy hiking with you and Stu, look forward to more in the future. Great cookies, thank you Ron they are indeed so very good and yummy.

Shan, it was a pleasure to meet and hike with you, and share in the enjoyment of this area and the trail.

Regards,
post #13 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 06:28 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Hiking, hunting, fishing, and many others.

Hey, that was a great hike Karl, nice meeting every one, hehe.
Just joking. [)]
Next time maybe or with the directions you gave me now I should be able to find that hidden trail.
Great meeting up with you guys at the Black Sheep Pub.
Another nice TR of the Evans Creek SnowCaves. [8D]

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page