Indian Arm Trail - Page 4 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 03:01 PM
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: Adventure, mountain biking, paddling, trekking, hiking, history, bushwhacking, off-trail hiking...

Couple of things to remember: Much of the "Indian Arm Trail" already existed before Don created it. He merely upgraded existing trails and old roads as well as built some new trails to connect them all together into the complete Indian Arm Trail. The amount of "damage" that Don did was very, very minimal. The trail does pass through some sensitive areas though.

I was on the first complete hike with Murray from EcoSpirit. Unfortunately I had to abort down "Gerry's Escape" and Murray continued on successfully solo. Then, much later, I completed it myself with 2 other people. Without trail maintenance in some rarely-used sections the Indian Arm Trail will become the Indian Arm Route as the forest takes it back and markers fall down, disappearing. This ia already happening in some areas. If you are going to hike it, you better do it soon. It will become more difficult over time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 03:09 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Outdoor stuff...especially scrambling,trailrunning,mountain biking,kayaking,and hiking, and of course photography

So true, even as we speak the goats are eating the ropes and markers
In your opinion, Gerry, which is the most difficult part of the route to follow?
post #48 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2020, 01:58 AM
Hittin' the Trails

Just in case anyone is interested and comes to this forum looking for information, as I did myself last year, here is an updated trip report from doing it:
https://forums.clubtread.com/27-brit...ur-bunzen.html

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page