I take back my objection to Kinder Morgan - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
Summit Master

Interest: Love the outdoors. Hiking, backpacking, geocaching, camping, canoeing, and kayaking. Did I say camp
Default I take back my objection to Kinder Morgan

I hadn't even considered the jobs available and when I put that on the scale against environmental devastation well...JOBS!!! We can literally work ourselves to death! Screw the environment, something like this would give me excellent pogey stamps!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 09:28 AM
Headed for the Mountains

Wow... I guess this pretty much sums it up.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 10:04 AM
Summit Master

Interest: Women

Awesome, sure wish BC had a whole lot more oil spills, sounds like it would be great for the economy. About the fresh water, they say it is the next gasoline, but who cares.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 10:10 AM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: Love the outdoors. Trying new things. And at night......BOGGLE!

PHUCKED UP
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 10:39 AM
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: hiking, telemarking, filmmaking

I see you are all just more environmentalists against jobs and job creators...
Colin4567 likes this.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 01:28 PM
Scaling New Heights

Every oil spill, every cancer diagnosis, every dys/nonfunctional family--the GDP goes up.

Economists don't know how to subtract negative externalities.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 01:54 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: Climbing

Quote:
quote:I see you are all just more environmentalists against jobs and job creators...
I see you are against sustainable jobs and sustainable job creation...
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 01:56 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: hiking, exploring, reading, random shiny things

post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 03:56 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: hiking, telemarking, filmmaking

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by J Mace

Quote:
quote:I see you are all just more environmentalists against jobs and job creators...
I'm not sure if I need to say this, but I was joking. I never know with the ol' internet. Maybe guntis was helping me out on this?

I think Colbert did a thing recently about global warming being a jobs-creator program...

Perhaps the BC Government, in all of its wisdom about education, will orient the entire post-secondary system toward oil-spill remediation skills training?
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 06:50 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Outward bound author of the Seinfeld thread who builds his own snowshoes

FYI, the government requires them to consider the pros and cons to all possibilities in that document. I read an article the other day in which KM makes it perfectly clear to those of you who are unable to think rationally and prefer to clip a few words from a very large document, that they do not consider a spill to be a good thing in any way.
Colin4567 likes this.
post #11 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 07:00 PM
Summit Master

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Farmer

FYI, the government requires them to consider the pros and cons to all possibilities in that document. I read an article the other day in which KM makes it perfectly clear to those of you who are unable to think rationally and prefer to clip a few words from a very large document, that they do not consider a spill to be a good thing in any way.
And if you were sufficiently well-informed to comment on this, you'd know that while Kinder Morgan claimed they have to publish the pros and cons of spills etc., they actually don't. They only have to publish pros and cons of the project. Not of spills. So they screwed up. If they can't get this right, what else can't they get right? And they deserve the ridicule that has resulted.

See today's Vancouver Sun if you wish to verify what I said.
post #12 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 07:02 PM
Summit Master

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mekon

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by J Mace

Quote:
I'm not sure if I need to say this, but I was joking. I never know with the ol' internet. Maybe guntis was helping me out on this?

I think Colbert did a thing recently about global warming being a jobs-creator program...

Perhaps the BC Government, in all of its wisdom about education, will orient the entire post-secondary system toward oil-spill remediation skills training?
And passing out cold water to poor people, building dikes and filling sandbags in the middle of the night.
post #13 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Summit Master

Interest: Love the outdoors. Hiking, backpacking, geocaching, camping, canoeing, and kayaking. Did I say camp

Quote:

I read an article the other day in which KM makes it perfectly clear to those of you who are unable to think rationally and prefer to clip a few words from a very large document....
That's right those of us with an opinion different from your's are unable to think rationally.

Logical fallacy - Ad hominem. Can't attack the argument, so might as well attack the people.
post #14 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2014, 11:17 PM
Scaling New Heights

There should be NO PIPELINES OR TANKERS ON OUR COAST... EVER
the jobs created by spill response don't at all compare to the jobs that would be forever lost, and our beautiful environment.
post #15 of (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 06:36 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Outward bound author of the Seinfeld thread who builds his own snowshoes

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Marc

Quote:

I read an article the other day in which KM makes it perfectly clear to those of you who are unable to think rationally and prefer to clip a few words from a very large document....
That's right those of us with an opinion different from your's are unable to think rationally.

Logical fallacy - Ad hominem. Can't attack the argument, so might as well attack the people.
The argument lacked logic. There was nothing to counter, and I am sick and tired of listening to the opinions from members of the public who do not understand what they are commenting on.

I don't know the specifics of BC's environmental regulation, I was re-posting what I read elsewhere. That said, if those regulations are anything like MEPA / NEPA (Montana / National Environmental Policy Act), you ARE required to go through pros and cons to ALL significant impacts of the project. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a paragraph in the quoted document on the negative impacts of job creation, a subject as silly and outlandish as positive impacts of an oil spill.

sgrant, have you ever dealt with one of these regulatory agencies, or the process involved in preparing one of these documents? To quote the article you mentioned,

Quote:
quote:“The important thing here is, no spill is acceptable to us, and that is reiterated throughout the document,” Davies said.

Davies, in a second interview, said Monday the NEB's guidelines are “not definitive” and acknowledged that it's up to companies to interpret what the board wants from applicants.
Do you know how miserable that can be? If you try to ask a question to any of those agencies, you get 6 answers from 3 people. So you do your best to answer every conceivable question that any worthless bureaucrat might come up with. Maybe someone from the NEB made a comment during a conference call about having a pet peeve that companies do not look at both sides of every outcome. Often those sort of off hand comments go from being the molehill they should be into the mountain that the oil-hating media has turned this into. That is why I suggested that the OP did not think rationally or use logic; none of you appear to have a grasp on what goes into this sort of thing.

To take 168 words out of context from a 15,000 pg document is absurd.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page