New book: Destination Hikes In and Around Southwestern British Columbia - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2021, 04:28 AM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Interest: Hiking
Default New book: Destination Hikes In and Around Southwestern British Columbia

Hi all:

Just wanted to let the ClubTread community know about my new book, Destination Hikes In and Around Southwestern British Columbia. It comes out May 11.

Picking up where 105 Hikes left off, Destination Hikes describes 55 hikes within weekend range of Vancouver. The new book spans 272 pages and offers more detailed and up-to-date trail descriptions, multiple colour photographs per hike, topographic maps, and lots of notes on nature, culture, and history.

Itís worth noting that Destination Hikes covers different hikes than those in 105 Hikes, albeit in many of the same regions (North Shore, Sea to Sky, Fraser Valley, Manning Provincial Park, Sunshine Coast, Mount Baker, etc.). As companion volumes, they describe a total of 160 hikes near Vancouver.

Published by Greystone Books, Destination Hikes is available for pre-order at local and online bookstores.

Check out the table of contents and more: https://105hikes.com/destinationhikes/

Iíll also be doing a Zoom book launch on May 11 with the BCMC. Youíre invited.

Join us: https://105hikes.com/2021/04/20/dest...s-book-launch/

Anyways, Iím looking forward to getting this book out there and hearing what you think of it.
Attached Images

Last edited by stephenhui; 04-25-2021 at 08:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2021, 09:01 AM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: Photography, Nature Observation, Health & Fitness, Nutrition, Shinrin-yoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenhui View Post
Hi all:
The new book spans 272 pages and offers more detailed and up-to-date trail descriptions.....
Keep in mind that trail conditions will change on a yearly basis with windstorms, erosion and not being maintained.Will you have a website for the book where people can input any changes?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2021, 02:49 PM
Summit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenhui View Post

Just wanted to let the ClubTread community know about my new book, Destination Hikes In and Around Southwestern British Columbia. It comes out May 11.

Sales pitch would be much more credible if author took time to actively participate in CT community, instead of coming here only when it's time to promote a new book
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2021, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Interest: Hiking

Admittedly, I am more of a long-time reader of ClubTread than poster. And the rise of many active online communities elsewhere means I do spend much less time on ClubTread than before. I also just don't spend a ton of time posting on online forums.

I will have a page for book updates on my site. Trail conditions are always changing; this is an issue for every guidebook. Many guidebook readers these days (me included) use them in combo with online information.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page