Local hikes with kids - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 02:32 AM Thread Starter
Me2
Hittin' the Trails

Interest: My kids... oh, and hopefully getting back into hiking, climbing, kayaking and various arts again.
Default Local hikes with kids

Hi everyone,

Are there any other members with young kids interested in family "hiking" on some easy, very slow paced local hikes near the Metro Vancouver area?

We're thinking along the lines of:

Jug Island in Belcarra
Lynn Valley
Light House Park
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 03:36 AM
Super Moderator

Interest: Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Photography. Enjoying the outdoors fresh air and fitness experience.

Hi Shanon..

Now you have presented some examples of what you seek; one I think of is less than 1 hour is the Yew Loop Trail up in Cypress Bowl, from there is a branch trail to the Bowen Island Lookut.. 3/4 hour from parking lot, has 3 - 4 switchback ascending trail for 10 - 15 minutes before you enjoy a great view of Howe Sound and the islands within. Also a cleared place you can sit and chill out. Have seen kids frequently up in this spot. Nearby is Black Mountain, has a steepish moderate trail for 1-1/2 hours to get up, some meadow, lake, and good view of Mt. Strachan from trail.

Go to Mt. Seymour; there are trails to Dog Mountain, Brockton Point.... less than 1 hour hiking away from parking lot. ...Short, a little effort but sweet.

K

Hiking is what keeps you young of mind and heart. When the going gets tough, the tough get going..............

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page