Hanging Lake - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2004, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Interest: hiking gardening hiking woodworking hiking cooking/baking hiking fishing hiking bushwacking rock climbing did I mention hiking?
Default Hanging Lake

Hi. This is my first post. I am looking for anyone interested in going to Hanging Lake, Chilliwack. I have been there twice, once via Radium creek and once via Center creek. These have been some of the best multi-day trips I have done. On both occasions I have wanted to do some fishing but have not had the opportunity and I wish to try one more time this year. Please contact me if you're interested or wish to have a hiking partner.

Rain Man (it rains every time I go hiking - I guess thats why I usually go solo)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-04-2004, 06:28 PM
Summit Master

When did you do the center creek route,and what is your input on this hike? Sorry just curious..wondering if it was recent or years ago?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-04-2004, 07:28 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Hiking, UL Backpacking, canoeing, snowshoeing

I was originally hoping to make Hanging lake once again this year, but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen. I hope to make it to the upper lake via Radium lake for next year though.

----------------------------------------
What would scooby do???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-04-2004, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Interest: hiking gardening hiking woodworking hiking cooking/baking hiking fishing hiking bushwacking rock climbing did I mention hiking?

Hey Aqua Terra, I'm a bit of a fan of all you guys/girls who slogged out a trail up to Hanging Lake, no small effort to be sure! I've been reading about your adventures re Hanging Lake - sounds like you all had a good time, too bad you had only a short stay at the lake. Awesome pictures though, I put them up on my screen saver - hope you guys don't mind. Re your question, I did Hanging Lake twice this year. Center creek I did on the August long weekend, but I only went to the ridge overlooking upper Hanging Lake, never went down to the lake. Center creek is certainly a great starting point but a bridge, as you probably know, has been taken out so you have to bike or hike the whole valley. It's a two day trip just to get to the lakes. There is however some deadfall and overgrowth in some sections. All in all its very do-able and I would not hesitate to go that way again. After this trip I heard a group had bushwacked in from the eco reserve at Chilliwack lake. So the next long weekend I went again via Radium Lake, around Mt. Lindeman and down into upper and lower Hanging Lakes, and followed your trail back down to Chilliwack Lake. (If it hadn't been for you guys carving a path I would probably still be in that bushbowl of no return!) Lots of stories, lots of adventures! I'd love to hear stories from anyone who's been there or hear from people who would like to go.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-04-2004, 11:26 PM
Summit Master

I certainly respect anyone having done one or both routes to this place.I and we(The Hanging Lake Hackers) appreciate your comment on finding the bushbowl trail useful.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page