Panorama ridge anyone? - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 06:43 AM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Interest: Flashlights, backpacks, military gear, electronic gadgets, knives. Should I continue?
Default Panorama ridge anyone?

Hello, I am new in this forum. I'd like to know if anyone is planning a day-hike to Panorama ridge on a friday? I'd like to join in since I neither have a driver's license nor a car to get there. I don't plan to freeload though, so I will share with the trip expenses such as fuel, food etc. cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-04-2015, 02:18 AM
Super Moderator

Interest: Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Photography. Enjoying the outdoors fresh air and fitness experience.

Hi there Ponkan.

Just saw your post the for the first time, would have recommended another alternative. Hope you were able to get out for that day hike. Sunday was a great day, hiked to Elfin Lakes that weekend.

K
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-06-2015, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Interest: Flashlights, backpacks, military gear, electronic gadgets, knives. Should I continue?

Yea, still pending my trip. Can't seem to find anyone in my circle of friends who's available or willing to go, especially since its starting to get cold now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-06-2015, 12:42 AM
Super Moderator

Interest: Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Photography. Enjoying the outdoors fresh air and fitness experience.

Sorry to hear that... with weather turning colder; winter snows are going to make it tougher. Have you any other trip plans or destinations in mind.

Just in case if we chose the same destination.

K
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-06-2015, 05:52 AM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

To be honest, I have no specific destination in mind besides Panorama ridge since I am new to hiking. That being said, I am spending countless sleepless nights researching for gear. Already invested in a beautiful bag, albeit a military style bag (eberlestock hi speed) since I like military gear. Already tested (in my home) the food that I find convenient and downright acceptable for hiking purposes (Mountain house freeze dried food). I also bought the esbit pocket stove and a lot of solid fuel cubes, as well as GSI cup and klean kanteen 1.18L ss bottle for me to store and boil the necessary water to hydrate and heat up my freeze dried food. Other things i invested on include a source water bladder and a simple medkit.
As you can see, that's how much my spontaneous first time hike to Garibaldi lake changed me.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-06-2015, 06:00 AM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

For me, its the fun of testing various gears and enjoying the experience and view of hiking that made me join this forum. Do you, by any chance, have any plans of hiking which I can join in?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-06-2015, 01:26 PM
Hittin' the Trails

Interest: Climbing, hiking, SCUBA, kayaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponkan View Post
For me, its the fun of testing various gears and enjoying the experience and view of hiking that made me join this forum. Do you, by any chance, have any plans of hiking which I can join in?
You might want to check out the North Shore Hikers or the BC Mountaineering Club as a way to hike with experienced leaders and learn some mountain skills. They always welcome new members and the cost to join is minimal.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-06-2015, 11:14 PM
Super Moderator

Ponkan.

Certainly. Would you be interested in some snowshoeing latter on this season.

K
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2015, 04:41 AM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesplin View Post
You might want to check out the North Shore Hikers or the BC Mountaineering Club as a way to hike with experienced leaders and learn some mountain skills. They always welcome new members and the cost to join is minimal.
Thank you for the headsup. I'll check them out when my school requirements don't interfere, which is soon enough.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2015, 04:43 AM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARVITK View Post
Ponkan.

Certainly. Would you be interested in some snowshoeing latter on this season.

K
Snowshoeing? Yes, I'd like to try that out. Another interesting winter activity next to my planned snowboarding for this winter (which I'm doing with the same person who I went with in my Garibaldi lake hike).
When and where are you planning to do snowshoeing?

Last edited by Ponkan; 11-07-2015 at 04:49 AM.
post #11 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2015, 01:18 AM
Hittin' the Trails

Just reading your post aswell and was close to there sorry I never read this earlier
We ( myself & my border collie ) did the west canyon trail over new bridge and down east canyon trail,makes a nice loop.
post #12 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2015, 02:55 AM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fly View Post
Just reading your post aswell and was close to there sorry I never read this earlier
We ( myself & my border collie ) did the west canyon trail over new bridge and down east canyon trail,makes a nice loop.
No problem. If you are ever planning to do any hiking (snowshoeing? winter hiking?), you can always bump me an invite if you're willing. I just can't seem to find friends who're willing to hike, especially now that it's raining and cold (which actually adds to the feel of adventure imho).
post #13 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 01:57 AM
Super Moderator

Ponkan

Guess we will have to wait until snow hangs around a little longer before we can do some snowshoeing.

Hiking Elk-Thurston on Wednesday,, and not sure about the weekend as yet.

K
post #14 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 05:24 AM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARVITK View Post
Ponkan

Guess we will have to wait until snow hangs around a little longer before we can do some snowshoeing.

Hiking Elk-Thurston on Wednesday,, and not sure about the weekend as yet.

K
Just checked elk-thurston in Vancouver trails.com. I must say, it looks gorgeous and would like to try it. This Wed ehh? Would you mind if I join? Seems quite far from general Vancouver area, so was wondering how to get there by transit.
post #15 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 05:26 AM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Oh, no public transit going there. Hmmm...although there is public transit going to abbotsford.

Last edited by Ponkan; 11-10-2015 at 05:34 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page