Climb Golden hind - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2013, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Default Climb Golden hind

Hello, looking for anyone who wants to get in a late season trip up the golden hinde, or begin to organize a trip for next year. Unfortunately my partners in a trip we had planned earlier in the month fell through, heart breaking stuff. Contact me if you're interested in either.
I would also be up for nearly any multy-day adventure!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 09:08 PM
Scaling New Heights

I would be interested in hiking it next summer, possibly late August,flexable on dates/duration. What experience do you have in back country route finding? How long did you have in mind for the return trip?

thanks
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

I'm pretty experienced in route finding, I spent a combined time of 2 weeks overnight in the Park this year. Over the years I have been navigating on lots of trackless routes. As well I have my gps loaded with the critical way points for the trip, but I never rely solely on it.
August sounds perfect to me I can easily be flexible, how about yourself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 11:11 PM
Scaling New Heights

yes, im fine with the time frame with in august, preferably the later part, but all depends on how the weather is. That's good that your well versed with the back country, as its some thing I need to learn more about. I have done a few three day treks around mount Washington, and some coastal hikes, ie west coast trail.

I hike at a moderate pace and like to take photos along the way, study plants etc. So a fast pace im not into . I was told by others to allow approx six days, How long did you have in mind? and your style of hiking? are you also thinking of having a small group,? always nice to go with.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Well I was hoping to do it in 5 days with a 6th for bad weather. I definitely enjoy photography as well, but I would call myself a hiker on the faster side for sure. As for a group I have several friends interested but they were also supposed to come this year, life can get in the way of five day trips. I would also prefer to go in august but I am very open to other times.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 10:49 AM
Scaling New Heights

okay, six days makes sense, im not a fast hiker, so that could be a problem between us, possibly others from this site may wish to go, and you can then decide on your over all pace and dates, like I said august is when im free to go.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2013, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Sure ya, the people can organize to go the better. Maybe we can get a couple of different trips going, that said I'm still not totally opposed to 6 days, I'm just kinda the type to enjoy powering through a trek. Still i know quite a few people who want to go it's just having groups that want to go at the same time.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2013, 09:59 PM
Scaling New Heights

okay, so please keep me posted as to any other interested parties, and dates that work for them.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page