HIKE EVENTS - For Weekend and/or Weekday trips - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Interest: Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Photography. Enjoying the outdoors fresh air and fitness experience.
Default HIKE EVENTS - For Weekend and/or Weekday trips

Good day everyone, I have organized hiking outings from within this forum in years past, and recent times too. I put up easy and challenging trip revents, hikes or snowshoe trips. All year round, and sometimes in rain (for new places).

I will put notices here giving time enough to plan your time if you are interested in what I present:

Areas - 1. Chilliwack - Mission area
2. Coquihalla
3. Manning Park, and areas west
4. Whistler
5. Mount Baker (north)

tomorrow............Will take a small group up Elk Mountain ... to hike to Thurston Peak, and possibly further east. 15 to 18 km return with 850 to 900 meters net elevation gain.

K
TimeToGoHiking and Crash like this.

Hiking is what keeps you young of mind and heart. When the going gets tough, the tough get going..............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 01:17 AM
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: photography, craft beer

Thanks for putting this together, those areas sound great as I’m working to complete the 103 Hikes in SWBC. I’ll be keeping an eye on the forum but I don’t check in here as much as I used to in years past.

I applaud your enthusiasm and effort to keep/rebuild our community & look forward to hitting the trails with you sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARVITK View Post
Good day everyone, I have organized hiking outings from within this forum in years past, and recent times too. I put up easy and challenging trip revents, hikes or snowshoe trips. All year round, and sometimes in rain (for new places).

I will put notices here giving time enough to plan your time if you are interested in what I present:

2. Coquihalla
4. Whistler
5. Mount Baker (north)

tomorrow............Will take a small group up Elk Mountain ... to hike to Thurston Peak, and possibly further east. 15 to 18 km return with 850 to 900 meters net elevation gain.

K
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 01:31 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Interest: Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Photography. Enjoying the outdoors fresh air and fitness experience.

Thank you Spacemonkey. Thank you for your compliments, and look forward to sharing the trails with you.

K

Hiking is what keeps you young of mind and heart. When the going gets tough, the tough get going..............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 12:32 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Quote:

2. Coquihalla
4. Whistler
5. Mount Baker (north)

K
I would like to add my thanks as well. My wife and I have done some of the hikes you have reviewed. Brew lake was one of our favorites. We look forward to joining you soon.
Have a great day and Happy Trails
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 01:01 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thank you Crash, look forward to seeing you.

One I am planning, and hope to do is take Flora trail and head south to Paleface II, rather than doing Flora Peak. Then follow up another day to tackle Wittenberg.

K

post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Default Flora trail to Paleface 2 Wednesday, May 29 /19 event

Hi everyone

This trip will start at 7 am out of Chilliwack, meeting at the Starbucks off Vedder Road (south of the freeway)

This report shows the same done last year, view this one.
https://forums.clubtread.com/27-brit...21-2018-a.html

Rough estimate 20 to 25 km return with net elevation gain 1500 meters, expect 9 - 10 hours to complete.

K

post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 02:17 AM
High on the Mountain Top

Quote:
Hi everyone

This trip will start at 7 am out of Chilliwack, meeting at the Starbucks off Vedder Road (south of the freeway)

This report shows the same done last year, view this one.
https://forums.clubtread.com/27-brit...21-2018-a.html

Rough estimate 20 to 25 km return with net elevation gain 1500 meters, expect 9 - 10 hours to complete.

K
I would recommend an earlier meetup at Starbucks, as I think you are underestimating the route. It's actually 24 km and 2100m cumulative. There is no trail along the Paleface portion of the ridge, and unless someone has done otherwise since our last trip along there, it is not flagged either.
It took us 9 hours and that was snow free. We haven't been in the CRV in some time, but I expect you guys will be coming across a lot of snow still.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by John and Katie View Post
I would recommend an earlier meetup at Starbucks, as I think you are underestimating the route. It's actually 24 km and 2100m cumulative. There is no trail along the Paleface portion of the ridge, and unless someone has done otherwise since our last trip along there, it is not flagged either.
It took us 9 hours and that was snow free. We haven't been in the CRV in some time, but I expect you guys will be coming across a lot of snow still.
Thanks John, will recommend 6:30 am start.

K

post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 08:28 PM
Scaling New Heights

Interest: Anything mountain related

What a great idea. Thanks for organizing this. I'm game for a mid week jaunt and I'll keep my eyes out for one of your outings.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 12:58 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankhardly View Post
What a great idea. Thanks for organizing this. I'm game for a mid week jaunt and I'll keep my eyes out for one of your outings.
You are welcome Frankhardly. Next week, Wednesday (June 5) is for Flora trail to Wittenburg. (ridge walk to east side of Flora Lake)

Also plan on Sunday (or Saturday) hikes as well; next two are to Mt. Baker area.

K

post #11 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Next hike: Bearpaw Mountain in the Mt. Baker area for Sunday June 2, is roughly a half day hike and includes hiking by a lake. Snow conditions may limit access, there would be an extra walk on the road.

I will file a trip report for the Flora hike later. (DONE MAY 30/19)

If you are interested in participating in the Bearpaw Mountain Hike, you can indicate your interest here, or email me at [email protected] .
**For this one bring your passport** , no fruit otherwise declare when you cross the border.

K

Last edited by KARVITK; 05-30-2019 at 08:24 PM.
post #12 of (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 03:02 AM
Summit Master

This is way ahead, but I will be camping in Manning July 2-5 (midweek). If something pops up in that timeframe would like to join

Karvitk, you are Manning expert. I have been to Frosty and Outram, but that's it. One day I was thinking Three Brothers, nice and easy. What else would you recommend? There will still probably be snow up there
post #13 of (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Hi Zeljkok. Check out the Skyline trail from Lightning Lake, a great ridge hike. Also Snowcamp, Goat Mountain, and Red Mountain from Strawberry Flats. WE used that trail to get to Camp Mowich a few years ago. it continues all the way to Ross Lake (good for overnighter at Camp Mowich). Great views of the big peaks south in the USA.

K

post #14 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

June 2 Bearpaw hike has been postponed until tomorrow, not sure if we get there as we need a driver with 4 wd as Canyon Creek Road is designated high clearance beyond the 10 mile milestone.

Alternate plan B, Damfino Lakes also needs 4wd vehicle, Alternate plan C. would be Table Mountain, access it up from its west end, or failing that take approach from the east and well used route up.

Tuesday, June 11 plan is monument 83 hike in Manning Park, 32 km return. Anyone who likes a challenge is welcome to join us .

K

post #15 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Events:

Tomorrow Sunday, June 16... Mt. BAker Damfino Lakes to Excelsior ... moderate 5 hours

Tuesday, June 18.......Eaton Lake...never been there myself, but should be interesting steep trail.

K

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page