ClubTread Community

ClubTread Community (https://forums.clubtread.com/)
-   Sign Up Board and Events (https://forums.clubtread.com/19-sign-up-board-events/)
-   -   THE STILL-event Sept .08 /13 (Sunday) (https://forums.clubtread.com/19-sign-up-board-events/45861-still-event-sept-08-13-sunday.html)

KARVITK 08-15-2013 06:27 PM

THE STILL-event Sept .08 /13 (Sunday)

BASED ON THE FEEDBACK SO FAR for event; I have added a few more dates.

WE HAVE TRANSPORTAION, and trip is confirmed for Sunday Sep.08 with good weather forecast. Plan B is top of the ridges; ridge walk high above Flora Lake.
From trailhead,take along the road, then we drop down to cross a log, then a steep upclimb to below Baby Mundy and right (south) and then up towards Stewart.. and then find the best way to the STILL.
Since there is thick grass on parts of the way, A good idea to bring would be Microspikes to walk on side-hill slippery grass. Had a few slip ups there when I last summited Stewart.

FUTURE TRIPS PLANNED.

Alternative trips for other weekends would be
1. Yak to Nak - Thar Traverse
2. Paleface & Paleface 2
3. Daly Ridge , South End Chwk Lake
4. High ridge loop from Flora \Pass to loop by ridge walking around Flora Lake.
5. Cheakamus Lake to Garibaldi Lake Trailhead one way traverse with two vehicles.(Sept. 21 booked)
6. Lucky 4 Mine, Joans Lake Sept.15.

MEET 7:00 AM IN PARKING LOT near Starbucks in SARDIS... to carpool

Looking forward to further comments...and interests.

K

kellylegros 08-15-2013 07:02 PM

I am interested, has been on the list for a while.
Cheers
Kelly

jumper 08-15-2013 09:59 PM

This is one that I would be interested in as well Karl, keep us posted as to date and times when your ready, thanks, Mike

lmtengs 08-16-2013 02:53 AM

Definitely interested. My vehicle is technically 4WD... but I don't really like using it for that all too much. 2005 Ford Escape... I'd rather keep it to the 2wd backroads. Bottomed it out briefly once up one of the forks of the upper part of Florence Lake FSR. That's enough... it's my daily driver for heavens sake.

Crossing fingers for this to be on a sunday... it's the only day I'm ever usually free.

highfalls 08-16-2013 05:39 AM

Karl I would be in as long as I am in town.

Mark

ella70 08-17-2013 01:07 PM

I am interested, but can only make it for Aug 24th. I do not have a 4WD

KARVITK 08-17-2013 02:19 PM

Hello Everyone:

Thank you all for responding; I am looking at the last weekend in August (Aug.31/Sep1) and the following one. Have another trip planned for the 24th or 25th, if that one falls through.. then we also open up Aug.24 or Aug.25 as well for this one which is next weekend. Will keep you all posted.

K

lmtengs 08-18-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by KARVITK

Hello Everyone:

Thank you all for responding; I am looking at the last weekend in August (Aug.31/Sep1) and the following one. Have another trip planned for the 24th or 25th, if that one falls through.. then we also open up Aug.24 or Aug.25 as well for this one which is next weekend. Will keep you all posted.

K
I'm in Alberta for the 31st and 1st, but the weekend after works, as does the weekend before.

sixwings 08-18-2013 02:41 PM

Oooh I'd really like to go. Keep us updated.

KARVITK 08-19-2013 12:01 PM

Hi everyone: For now first choice of date would be about two weeks from this coming weekend (Sept.7/8).

Key factors are weather and available 4WD transportation.

K

John and Katie 08-19-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Hi everyone: For now first choice of date would be about two weeks from this coming weekend (Sept.7/8).

Key factors are weather and available 4WD transportation.

K
Karl, if you don't find 4x4 transport, parking down on Foley Creek FSR only added 1:45 hours to my total trip. It does add about 550m of elevation gain, though.

KARVITK 08-19-2013 07:29 PM

Thanks John, if everyone is good with the extra distance if we need to, then we can make it a go with the extra effort.

K

lmtengs 08-19-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Thanks John, if everyone is good with the extra distance if we need to, then we can make it a go with the extra effort.

K
I'm fine with the extra time, as long as there's a source of running water somewhere along the route to refill my water at some point. I tend to drink A LOT when I hike.

AcesHigh 08-21-2013 01:04 AM

May want to add "This is no walk in the park" kind of hike ;)

lmtengs 08-22-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by AcesHigh

May want to add "This is no walk in the park" kind of hike ;)
What could you compare it to?