Trail Running - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 12:08 AM Thread Starter

Default Trail Running

Is anyone interested in going trail running sometime this weekend? I would prefer to go either at Burnaby Mountain or in Coquitlam somewhere either on Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning. I usually go for 40 minutes of running with 10 min warm-up/down on either end.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 11:36 PM

I'd be interested in doing the lake trail around Buntzen . . . takes me about an hour and 20 . . . also interested in doing some of the other trails at Buntzen (Diez Vista - route for the 5 peaks race) but don't want to do on my own.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2006, 12:02 AM

I'm in no shape for running any distance right now, but thought I should post for my own incentive. I live near Burnaby Mountain, and I ran around Buntzen a few times last year and enjoyed it a lot (roughly 1.5hrs to get around, stopping here and there). I'll see where I'm at with it and maybe get some better shoes. And I'll keep an eye on the thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2006, 10:17 AM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: running, hiking, blading, camping, skiing, outdoors, spending time with kids, big hockey and baseball fan, board and card games

yeh, me too! (keep an eye that is..).. i was gonna do buntzen yesteday but i was reminded that i'm to take it easy..been having chronic ITBS woes since a hike in nov.04.. but, i think i'm getting better, my runs are now about 1/2 hr. again.. if i don't regress than i should be able to do buntzen .. and for those who have ran it, just outta curiousity, which way do u prefer to do it? starting from the dog park or the other way?

----------------------------------------
yeh baby!!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2006, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

How far is the buntzen trail in km? I figure that when I do my 30 min runs at SFU I probably run 5 km, but it's hard to tell on trails.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2006, 09:21 PM

BC hydro website says the lake trail is 8km. I've done it starting either way but prefer going down the west side first; it's the longer side.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 05:59 PM
Summit Master

Interest: 10%

Buntzen Lk trail is eight km. To do a full loop add another two km or so which is pumphouse road, floating bridge and connector trail to parking lot. So, about 10km.

Going Up...
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 06:43 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: running, hiking, blading, camping, skiing, outdoors, spending time with kids, big hockey and baseball fan, board and card games

well thats not so bad! i should be able to do that soon.. i'm up to almost 7k.. mind u, its pretty much on either track or concrete... i may try it next weekend if anyones into it, but i'm no speedy gonzales!

yeh baby!!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 10:07 PM

Anyone live near the endowment lands on the West Side (I'm at Crown and 11th)? I do long runs (2-3) hours on Friday or Saturday and it would be cool to have someone to go with.

http://www.jackielbolen.blogspot.com/
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 08:53 PM

I would be up for the lake side loop at bunsen in around an hour.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page