Revelstoke Bike Riding - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2014, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
High on the Mountain Top

Default Revelstoke Bike Riding

We spent a few days in Revelstoke recently.

They have some exceptional cross country mountain biking trails.

Keystone Standard Basin:

This route has spectacular views, interesting terrain and fast access to the alpine. Some of the climbs can be quite difficult on a bike and the rolling terrain will keep you working hard for a majority of your trip. There is also the option to do a side trip on foot to Keystone Peak (which we did.)

Frisbee Ridge:

Frisbee Ridge is like a simpler version of Keystone Standard Basin. The climb is less technical but is almost continous to the peak of the ridge. From there, you descend to a lake and a snowmobiling cabin. On the way back, you can take a bypass to avoid climbing all the way back up to the peak. Once you start your descent, it's a fast fun ride all the way back to the parking lot.

Martha Creek:

This one is normally done as a downhill trail with a car shuttle to the very top of the trail via the logging road. I had a bit of time to spare one afternoon so I did the lower section of the trail as a cross country loop by biking up the logging road. I'd like to see the upper section on my next trip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2014, 09:35 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Martha Creek is fantastic, I hiked up it last autumn to the top. Alas, then I had to hike back down it as I didn't have a bike with me!! I thought the upper section looked the most appealing for riding, nice and steep but not quite as rutted out as the lower reaches.

There are also some fantastic trails out towards Begbie Falls. Quite a network dropping down (or climbing out to, depending on how you look at it!) the Nordic centre.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2014, 11:47 PM
Scaling New Heights

Interest: Mountain biking, bike packing, hiking, snowshoeing, exploring and enjoying good food/drink :-)

Nice pics. You had superb weather. Keystone is one of my favourite alpine mountain bike trails in BC. How were the horseflies?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page