Chilliwack Lake. - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
Summit Master

Interest: Hiking, flyfishing, camping, photography, kayaking, swimming, x-country skiing wana get my open water dive certification... scrabble, mean yatzee player.........
Default Chilliwack Lake.

It was high time I took the bike for a spin and get some training in for the Canuck Place Adventure Challenge that I`ll be participating in during September as part of Team Killa-Joules *shamless plug

So off to Chilliwack Lake I went, it was a really wonderful day to contemplate life and wake up some of those long sleeping cycling muscles.

Of course I couldn`t help taking a few photos too!

Next time I plan to head up the Paleface drainage as well[8D]

<i><font size=\"2\">Look to the mountains to learn of beauty and grace, for nowhere else will you find so pure an offering.</font id=\"size2\"></i>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 12:05 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Sweet jebus, what day is this. Looks like fresh snow on the trees up there.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 01:18 PM
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: hikingbikingyogastudyingarcticdogswatersportssnowshoeing

Gorgeous photos! But, what, no baby strapped to your boobs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Summit Master

Interest: Hiking, flyfishing, camping, photography, kayaking, swimming, x-country skiing wana get my open water dive certification... scrabble, mean yatzee player.........

Not that day Bish! She'd only have gotten bugs in her teeth.

SplitBoarder yes that was a bit of fresh snow. This was just this past Tuesday. HUGE cornices on Web and MacDonald. Nice to look at from my sunny beach on the lake.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator

Interest: Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Photography. Enjoying the outdoors fresh air and fitness experience.

Jennifer

Delightful photos. You did exactly what I wish to do; cycle along that road and lake. My intentioin is to get all the way to the far beach.

Very nice indeed !

K
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 08:48 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Bike, dog, sun, scenery, and peace and quiet...sounds like an enjoyable day. : ) Paleface is quite the grunt on the bike, but then that means a fast descent. Make sure those brakes are up to it. : )

Jenn, will a low clearance 2 wdr make it to the Depot Creek bridge?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 10:09 PM
Hittin' the Trails

Way to go on your training. How much of a bike rideis there and where are you parking to do so? This one is new for me as I am always zeroing in on the hiking. thanks...happy trails.. perhaps you might consider your fundraiser link on here unless it is not allowed? just a thought.jo
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 12:01 AM
Summit Master

Gorgeous photographs of such a beautiful area.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 07:44 AM Thread Starter
Summit Master

Karl the far beach will be a cinch on a bike. 1.5 to 2 hrs tops one way with a few small breaks added in.

J&K the only tricky spots would be:
The avy debris spot; now clear of snow and debris but still quite a bit of mud on the road. Could cause tire spinout. 4x4s were getting through.

There is also a spot where a small creek had flooded the inside ditch of the road what looks to be the start of a new sinkhole on the lake side of the road. It would have been ok the day I was there though. It wasn't marked and I didn't think to mark it at the time.

Brakes are new so coming down shouldn't be too bad. I was actually just thinking of taking it to the end of the drainage to scope out the Thompson Peak route.

Thanks! Krista really enjoyed herself I think, its the only time I can match her stride in an all out run.

Jo good idea! We have a facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-1...07776802571751 and links to the official fundraising pages can be found there.
for a link our thread here, that might be doable. Longshadow? Shadowchaser?

My guess is the length of the lake is at least 10k so the full ride should top out at between 20-25k. I've yet to verify by actually taking a good look at a map.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 09:12 AM
Summit Master

Interest: Hiking, biking, kayaking, swimming, tai chi, meditation.

Excellent photos Jenn, keep up the good work!
post #11 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 12:19 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: Cycling, kayaking, photography, running, guitar,

Beauty shots! and the hardtail with a kickstand... good on ya!
post #12 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Summit Master

Rockin it Old School
post #13 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 06:17 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Hiking, hunting, fishing, and many others.

Love those wood shots and the lake is so nice, calm and crystal clear from the spring run off now. Thought you would have taken a shot of that nice waterfall on the other side of the slide.
post #14 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
Summit Master

Thanks Wally, The light was all wrong for a pic of that waterfall when I passed through.
post #15 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

Interest: Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Photography. Enjoying the outdoors fresh air and fitness experience.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by exscape

Karl the far beach will be a cinch on a bike. 1.5 to 2 hrs tops one way with a few small breaks added in.

J&K the only tricky spots would be:
The avy debris spot; now clear of snow and debris but still quite a bit of mud on the road. Could cause tire spinout. 4x4s were getting through.

There is also a spot where a small creek had flooded the inside ditch of the road what looks to be the start of a new sinkhole on the lake side of the road. It would have been ok the day I was there though. It wasn't marked and I didn't think to mark it at the time.

Brakes are new so coming down shouldn't be too bad. I was actually just thinking of taking it to the end of the drainage to scope out the Thompson Peak route.

Thanks! Krista really enjoyed herself I think, its the only time I can match her stride in an all out run.

Jo good idea! We have a facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-1...07776802571751 and links to the official fundraising pages can be found there.
for a link our thread here, that might be doable. Longshadow? Shadowchaser?

My guess is the length of the lake is at least 10k so the full ride should top out at between 20-25k. I've yet to verify by actually taking a good look at a map.

Awesome thank you.

I am going to organize a small group for a bike and hike for this one, perhaps within one to three weeks from now.

K

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page