LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 11:54 AM
Headed for the Mountains

oops, doubled entered....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 11:56 AM
Headed for the Mountains

I went with two other people. Although it rained heavily near the beginning, the sun came out strong and warm during the last half. We started at 12noon and finished around 5pm when it started raining again.

According to one of the farms, there were more people than last year (and it rained less last year!)

The scenery was beautiful and I would go again even without this organization. Be aware that you will be smelling manure most of the time. Many of the participating farms are part of the Circle Farm tours.

We sampled cheeses, hazelnuts, pea sprouts, and missed the pies because they were completely out. It seems many of the products can be bought in Vancouver but the experience was worth it. We missed the birth of a calf by half an hour.

I would definitely go again next year. But I would suggest bringing a plastic cover for inserting the map as mine deteriorated in the rain. Also, I will have to tell them that the directions on the map were terrible. We and a lot of other people were confused as there were finer details missed out and the scale was not proportionate to the actual distance.

Now I'm looking forward to the Pemberton Slow Food Bike Ride

http://www.slowfoodcyclesunday.com/
post #18 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 12:48 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Women

I agree the map wasn't all that great last year too. We got confused when we were headed towards the Bison Farm. Last year was great but was very cloudy, it would of been better with nice weather.

Good to hear you enjoyed yourself, there is a lot of these rides, I'd consider going on another one of them in a different area.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 11:29 PM
Super Moderator

Interest: Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Photography. Enjoying the outdoors fresh air and fitness experience.

Carmen

Glad you made it out and shared your experience. We almost made the long 1-1/2 drive out, but a call just before departure alerted us to heavy rain in Chilliwack. Needless to say , very disappointed and cancelled our plans.

K
post #20 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 11:54 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Women

Did you get any pics of today Carmen? If so post them!

post #21 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 09:57 AM
Headed for the Mountains

I forgot to bring my camera. With the rain and slight disorganization on my part it would have been difficult.

However, I am more aware of what to expect next year and I plan to take lots of pictures then.

I think my pictures would not have done Agassiz justice...you should experience it.

Next year: bring camera, bring plastic cover for map, bring own map, find a good restaurant to go to in Agassiz afterwards....

post #22 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

Interest: Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Photography. Enjoying the outdoors fresh air and fitness experience.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by carmen

I forgot to bring my camera. With the rain and slight disorganization on my part it would have been difficult.

However, I am more aware of what to expect next year and I plan to take lots of pictures then.

I think my pictures would not have done Agassiz justice...you should experience it.

Next year: bring camera, bring plastic cover for map, bring own map, find a good restaurant to go to in Agassiz afterwards....

Thanks Carmen, will try again for next year.

K
post #23 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 12:38 PM
Summit Master

Hint: You can do it [u]anytime</u>, you know...

Nobody will shoot you...

Save the $5 fee...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page