Mount Assiniboine via Mitchel River Trail - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-05-2020, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Default Mount Assiniboine via Mitchell River Trail

Hi,
I am new here and start right ahead with a question...
Is there a walkable trail from Baymag Mine up the Mitchell River to the backside of Mount Watson and the Assiniboine massiv?
Any access restrictions? Conditions in June to expect? We plan to hike around the massiv passing by the lodge and go back to the mine where we plan to station our car (~48km, 3-4d). Maybe we start an attempt on Assiniboine).

Background:
We'll do only just in case the lockdown is ever loosened...
Since school is over I had the idea to go to BC and do some serious backcountry adventure with my son who finishes highschool this year. So, the last opportunity for us to spend precious time together!
We are experienced outdoors men and do hunt, hike and climb since ten years together (4000m peaks in Swiz and Italy, GR20 last year and Munich-Venecia the year before...). My wife and I will move from ON to BC this year to spend our final years in this beautiful province. IK the area a bit from previous hunting trips.

Information:
GPS Track of planned route attached. You can go to my page at https://laserhunt.ca/LOpenTopo/LOpenTopo.html and upload the track to get an idea of the plan and a profile. Anyone available for a chat (on Skype or tel?).

P.S.
Any other good recommendations?
We have 3 months to spend
Attached Files
File Type: gpx Mt. Assiniboine Loop.gpx (8.0 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by DrFreud666; 05-05-2020 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Added the track...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-05-2020, 01:28 PM
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: Hiking, Backpacking, Skiing, Space History

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFreud666 View Post
Hi,
I am new here and start right ahead with a question...
Is there a walkable trail from Baymag Mine up the Mitchell River to the backside of Mount Watson and the Assiniboine massiv?
Any access restrictions? Conditions in June to expect? We plan to hike around the massiv passing by the lodge and go back to the mine where we plan to station our car (~48km, 3-4d). Maybe we start an attempt on Assiniboine).

Background:
We'll do only just in case the lockdown is ever loosened...
Since school is over I had the idea to go to BC and do some serious backcountry adventure with my son who finishes highschool this year. So, the last opportunity for us to spend precious time together!
We are experienced outdoors men and do hunt, hike and climb since ten years together (4000m peaks in Swiz and Italy, GR20 last year and Munich-Venecia the year before...). My wife and I will move from ON to BC this year to spend our final years in this beautiful province. IK the area a bit from previous hunting trips.

Information:
GPS Track of planned route attached. You can go to my page at https://laserhunt.ca/LOpenTopo/LOpenTopo.html and upload the track to get an idea of the plan and a profile. Anyone available for a chat (on Skype or tel?).

P.S.
Any other good recommendations?
We have 3 months to spend

There is some detail here https://www.clubtread.com/Routes/Rou...html?Route=858 and https://www.explor8ion.com/2016/09/2...t-assiniboine/
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-05-2020, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Thanks!

Will look into Bryant Creek as well, looks interesting...

Last edited by DrFreud666; 05-05-2020 at 03:56 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page