Snake Indian Falls in Winter - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-23-2018, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Default Snake Indian Falls in Winter

Anyone ever heard of a someone doing a winter trip to Snake Indian Falls?

I've been in there in the summer from Celestine, and I know the Celestine road is closed in the winter. However I believe it's about 20km in from Rockbound, which is pretty doable for a 2-day 1-night distance wise. I've got a weekend window in March and I'm thinking the snow might be firm enough to facilitate quick XC ski travel.

I've searched everywhere I can think of and can't find any posts about it or even pictures of what the falls looks like in the winter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-23-2018, 11:18 AM
High on the Mountain Top

I've been to Rock Lake many times in the winter. It all depends on the road conditions. The road is ploughed for about 20 kms but the last 12 kms after that it's not. You must have a 4X4 or a snowmobile or quad. If you can get to the lake then its an easy ski across the lake and then up Rock Creek to where it connects to the summer trail. I've only ever gone that far in the winter, but I know people that have skied the north boundary in the spring so skiing to the falls would be easy enough. I was going to check out the road early in March. If you want, I can let you know then what the conditions are.

Last edited by zeljkok; 07-25-2018 at 01:45 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page