6Likes
  • 1 Post By Greenarc
  • 3 Post By Aqua Terra
  • 2 Post By AcesHigh

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 12:50 AM Thread Starter
Headed for the Mountains

Default Zopkios Food Truck Review

I saw a past trip report of the Yak Climb had people wondering about the food truck. I did Yak last night...Zoa this morning...So rather than posting up a trip report about those two...I'll give my review of the Zopkios Brake Check Food Truck.

It's open 10-6 but partly open until 6 40ish when she's done cleanup...for smokies and all the pop/chips/snacks kinda stuff.

Had the smokie after Yak...rolled up around 630ish...was thinking of doing yak nak thar...but got heavily distracted by Blue Jays updates with the 4-5 bar LTE Coverage on this hike and so decided to take alotta breaks checking updates and going back to the car early from excitement.

5$ smokie plus a 2$ pop...very convenient if I was going home...pop is very cold and smokie was worth the 5$...sitting in a heated pan..always ready to go....a good variety of sauces to put on it..including a couple hot sauces. For the location and how good it was...pretty sweet deal! Side note...anyone noticed this summer that gas stations "Cold Drinks" aren't really cold at all?? I mean not for a couple dollars anyway...that's the only reason I go to it...to buy cold...not really buy a drink after a hike.

Had the BLT with Havarti after Zoa today for lunch....amazing...bacon was freshly done...not sitting in a tray...and actually probably one of the best BLTS I've ever had...well worth 7 bucks. Gourmet quality really.

They usually take debit and credit but someone dropped the machine the other day I guess so it's out for now. Always steady amount of customers...never saw a lineup. Truckers were the main business...tourists second. She even took an IOU from a trucker with only a Credit Card in hand.

Three picnic tables outside....one inside the telephone room by the washrooms.

Three hikes nearby...Yak-Nak-Thar and Needle Peak at Zopkios and Zoa/Falls Lake at Falls Creek exit.

Food Truck is southbound....can head over through the tunnel if heading from the north.

Would be cool if they had other food trucks at other hiking hot spots....like Chilliwack Valley. On the Go is trying but doesn't ever to be so busy. Lightning Lakes would be prime.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150811_124637.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	426.0 KB
ID:	79498  

Kanike likes this.

Last edited by Greenarc; 08-13-2015 at 12:52 AM. Reason: because
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 01:28 AM
Summit Master

a food truck with some gunners./ security would be even better at some of the more hot/trouble spots around. the ultimate/food security truck, best excuse to stay 24 hours, if that happens in the future, I want credit. thanks for the review
martin, alexcanuck and Greenarc like this.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 02:34 AM
Super Moderator

Interest: Hiking, Snowshoeing, and Photography. Enjoying the outdoors fresh air and fitness experience.

Great review. Next time I am that way, might check into that food truck

K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 12:23 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: hiking, exploring, reading, random shiny things

Yes, I tried the food truck recently and it was excellent.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 01:23 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenarc View Post
They usually take debit and credit but someone dropped the machine the other day I guess so it's out for now.
Yeahhhhh.... I think that was me. I felt (and feel) pretty crappy about it. We were heading up to Illal on Saturday for a couple nights and stopped for a smokie and some fries. I guess I'll be stopping in for a snack every time I go through now!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 01:28 PM
Rex
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: Hiking, scrambling and mountaineering.

haha Aqua Terra... we definitely need a small army of Food/SWAT trucks roaming around BC

thanks for the review guntis... we were never done that early and kept missing the time window

Photos: Flickr
Journal: Livetrails

Nothing worthwhile is easy.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 01:50 PM
Headed for the Mountains

I am a Big fan of the Zopkios food truck! I too love their Havarti BLT!
We hiked Needle this summer and along with countless others we were stuck at the rest stop because they closed the highway as there was a forest fire. The lady who runs the truck was kind enough to stay open longer for all the hungry people stuck there, although it was clear she was tired from a long day. They are always very friendly and have great food!

Scott
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-24-2015, 09:40 PM
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: Rock and Ice Climbing, mountaineering, AT skiing, xc skiing, backpacking, hiking...

Great food truck. Our lame ass Krispy the Klown government should be giving these people free business licenses to operated these food trucks at busy trailheads.........One at Garibaldi, Chief, and Joffre during the busy season would act as a deterrent to scumbags breaking into cars.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2016, 10:34 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Women

Update about the RED Food truck you are referring to at the Zopkios Brake Check exit 217 Beside Yak trailhead parking lot (Across the Coquihalla Hwy from Needle Peak Trailhead) ...I go there now and then and they have the best darn Chicken Burgers Ive eaten, I get then to add bacon, onion rings are awesome too. Luv that food truck, lots of other delicious food after a long grueling hike up Needle, Yak, Markhor, Thar, Little Douglas Lake, Falls Lake etc. Highly recommended!

xj6response and treord8 like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page