Powdered Peanut Butter - Page 3 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 06:03 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Sandy,

This is obviously quite divergent from the subject of peanut butter, but your anger concerns me.

Thinking about it, I think you may feel under-appreciated! STOP IT! You're trip reports are wonderful, and I, and I'm sure many others have enjoyed them immensely, and have nothing but appreciation for your prowess!

Often on this site, the jibe "you don't have any/enough/hardcore enough trip reports" gets used as one of many default insults. Often this is done when the person runs out of recourse based on the actual discussion. I am NOT saying this is the case here....if you feel that only people with trip reports, or some other criteria should be allowed to opine...so be it! You're entitled to that opinion, and I respect it, just as I respect your skillful exploits, strength, and power!

Please consider though, people without trip reports, or even without having gone on many trips, may have valuable input that may be missed....at the least, I think they are entitled to say what they think. I think it's best to judge those opinions on their content...not on a reputation based off trip reports. Even if you do consider trip-reports as the be-all credential, think about how easy it would be to post fake trip reports, or claims about exploits!

Some people don't post them for many reasons...time constraints...feeling the report would be redundant, boring, etc. I know for a fact that their are some very active people who occasionally look at this site, but choose not to participate much for various reasons.

For my part, I have in other threads (mind you, only by a couple of people) been accused of things along this line of reasoning. I am happy to go along with this...so what if I am a fat, office worker in a small cubicle...it doesn't stop me from appreciating the outdoors and admiring people like you! Perhaps I'm working my way up to more vigorous outings, but so far am restricted to small jaunts in the park, due to poor health. Does it mean I cannot have a voice here? Well, that's up to each person to decide for themselves, and there's nothing I can do about it. So be it. :-)

Anyways I think most people on this site are good eggs. You're a good egg Sandy, and that's swell! Thank you for posting about your excellent accomplishments, and adventures...again, I cannot say enough good things about them! Inspiring!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 06:04 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BillyGoat

Im sitting here enjoying some reconstituted delicious powdered peanut butter while I'm reading this and not really caring how it was made into a powder. Please do carry on.
Sigh...you're not getting it. We're trying to tell you.....it's MADE OF PEOPLE!!! PBGreen is MADE OF PEOPLE!!!!
post #33 of (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 06:06 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Matt

In some organic food stores you can buy fresh made peanut butter that is made in front of you at the time or purchase. It might not look like Kraft Smooth, but it's peanut butter. You have to stir before use because the oil floats to the top.

You can also buy almond butter in the same fashion and it has the exact same texture. And cashew butter.
Pretty easy to make yourself to! A good blender, and a bit of oil! :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
Summit Master

Interest: Hiking, UL Backpacking, canoeing, snowshoeing

Oh DCIPHER I was being tongue-in-cheek about you carrying on and posting two or three times in a row. You need to stop now.
post #35 of (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 06:25 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Quote:

Oh DCIPHER I was being tongue-in-cheek about you carrying on and posting two or three times in a row. You need to stop now.
Whatever you say people-eater! :-)

PS. You won't gain the powers and knowledge of those you eat. I tried it.

post #36 of (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 07:00 PM
Summit Master

Please, DCIPHER, don't insult both our intellects with pop psychology. If you think I'm hard-core, you really don't get out enough.

Despite all the engrossing discussions that fill this bulletin board, it is a hiking website and a trip report, even describing your stagger from the cubicle to the water-cooler - or the donut stand, whatever is most appropriate - would be greeted with enthusiasm.

And now, back to the PB that is not PB debate .....
post #37 of (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 07:32 PM
Summit Master

Location: Finally stopping that crazy suffering that is ice, climbing to concentrate on great ski tours!, .
Interest: Anything that can drag me to the mountains. Backpacking is #1, followed by climbing, dayhiking and camping with family.

I want to take PB on ski mountaineering trips, but don't want to eat it out of the container. (It's 6cal/gram!!) Other than bagels, what are people using as a "PB Vessel?"

Anyone try melting it into something? Maybe oatmeal?
post #38 of (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Summit Master

Interest: Hiking, UL Backpacking, canoeing, snowshoeing

You can use those refillable squeeze tubes. I've done that before. But with powdered PB a ziplock baggie works just fine
post #39 of (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 07:57 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Hiking, flyfishing, camping, photography, kayaking, swimming, x-country skiing wana get my open water dive certification... scrabble, mean yatzee player.........

Flour tortillas are versatile. Crackers...
post #40 of (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 09:21 PM
Summit Master

Quote:

Im sitting here enjoying some reconstituted delicious powdered peanut butter while I'm reading this and not really caring how it was made into a powder. Please do carry on.
You washing this down with some reconstituted powdered beer?
post #41 of (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 10:56 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: Love the outdoors. Trying new things. And at night......BOGGLE!

[8D]
Quote:

Gonna try it for shits and giggles.
post #42 of (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 11:24 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sandy

Please, DCIPHER, don't insult both our intellects with pop psychology. If you think I'm hard-core, you really don't get out enough.

Despite all the engrossing discussions that fill this bulletin board, it is a hiking website and a trip report, even describing your stagger from the cubicle to the water-cooler - or the donut stand, whatever is most appropriate - would be greeted with enthusiasm.

And now, back to the PB that is not PB debate .....
Pop psych? LOL! I don't think there was any pop psychology in there! I agree this thread should be about PB, and again, I think you're tops, and love your trip reports. Thanks for the encouragement! We do need more positive Nelly's around here!

( I think you misread: I didn't say you were "hardcore" but, you're probably right on the mark again with your call: I really don't get out enough! Nice one!)
post #43 of (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 11:26 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by calixtomoon

[8D]
Quote:

Gonna try it for shits and giggles.
I want to try it to...I'm thinking the lack of fat may make it go down easier! Sometimes, especially when hot/exhausted/dehydrated, it's hard to get real PB down!
post #44 of (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 08:25 AM
Summit Master

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by johngenx

I want to take PB on ski mountaineering trips, but don't want to eat it out of the container. (It's 6cal/gram!!) Other than bagels, what are people using as a "PB Vessel?"

Anyone try melting it into something? Maybe oatmeal?
Yowsa, first Crossfit, then nuts, pretty soon another carbo crashing endurance junkie will be converted to the Paleo lifestyle.

Why not just eat the nuts, or take pecans which are the highest calorie density nut at 7 calories per gram. Drop the toxic bagel and eat almond butter off a spoon. Or better yet, with a hunk of meat.
post #45 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 01:42 PM
Scaling New Heights

I just buy the powdered peanut butter from Bulk Barn. It's delightful!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page