GORP? - Page 2 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 07:20 AM
Headed for the Mountains

Quote:
quote:
A tip for making trail-mix at the store, scoop it all in one bag shake it and then put the cheapest tag on it, only had one double-take at the checkout

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats so

Love it, gotta try this one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technically, that's shoplifting. Remember if you try it that you can be charged if caught.

"oops, must have read the wrong #" is plenty to get past most underpaid employees
Is there a difference between that and switching price tags? Both a crappy way to get a criminal record and unable to go abroad on family vacations.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 08:09 AM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: Woodworking, Hiking, Backpacking, canoe tripping, motorcycle touring, fishing, etc. ...etc. living life outdoors is what it\'s all about!
Send a message via MSN to Dusty Boots Send a message via Yahoo to Dusty Boots

lots of salted roasted Cashews
lots of M&Ms
Thompson raisins
salted roasted peanuts
sometimes I'll add corn nuts and/or dried banana chips/apricots

The salted nuts help to keep up salts lost through sweat/dehydration. I don't like the taste(or weight) of Gatorade

This used to be a staple in my earlier days, but it now serves as a 'snack' for quick lunch stops, along with an 'energy' bar and copious amounts of water.

Watch out for 'hygraders' that pick through your gorp mix, taking only the good stuff, such as the cashews and M&Ms!!

Dusty
post #18 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 01:28 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Mountains....

Oh my god!! Mixing items out of a bulk bin is a crime. You should be punished. LMFAO There are much worse things to worry about don't you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 02:02 PM
Dru
Super Moderator

Interest: climbing and spraying

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by time2clmb

Oh my god!! Mixing items out of a bulk bin is a crime. You should be punished. LMFAO There are much worse things to worry about don't you think?
Cerainly there are. Bt this is a public message board too. People often forget that.
post #20 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 02:36 PM
Dax
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: Hiking, Backpacking, Kayaking, Mtn Biking, Skiing, Snowshoeing, Climbing, RC Flying, Computers. Collecting expensive backpacking gear.

Breaking News

Vancouver BC - After a 6 month long investigation by the RCMP an online mixed nut theft ring has been busted after police found incriminating evidence posted to a local hiking message board. When asked for comment, a poster on the message board who would only identify himself as Dru said: "This is a public message board... People often forget that."

RCMP spokeswoman Sgt. Sylvie Tremblay warned other would be nut mixers, "We are watching you". This case marks the first time ever that anyone has cared about shoplifting, in fact we are shocked that this story made it past our editor. When asked about the charges, and the costly 6 month investigation the RCMP defended the actions of their members. "It's sort of like the broken windows analogy, sure 3 people were gunned down last night in a Surrey suburb while heroin and crack cocaine were openly being sold just blocks away, but the RCMP feels that these minor crimes lead to an atmosphere of disregard for the rule of law that promotes the types of gang-land style shootings that make the front page of the newspapers" said Sgt. Tremblay. "We felt that the $600,000 investigation, which involved 8 full time members and 2 computer forensic analysts which were flown in from Toronto was a small price to pay to crack down on someone paying $4.86 for a 500 gram bag of nuts that should have netted the multi-billion dollar grocery chain $5.23 if sold individually."

The leader of the ring, known only by his online identity of Hikeinbc was released on $250 bail and ordered to return next week for trial. If convicted he faces a possible 4 hours of community service, but will most likely only serve 1.2 hours with good behavior.

EDITORS NOTE: As of press time the judge has reduced Hikeinbc's sentence to writing an apology letter to the store owner. The RCMP defend their investigation as "the right thing to do".
post #21 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 03:07 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: duh
Send a message via MSN to hikinbc

Haha dax, sorry , bad suggestion for a public board .

My old roommate used to put all the expensive mushrooms under the cheapies and he had some other good bachelor tricks too . In 5 years I've only bought 4 rolls of toilet paper, and it was from the dollar store . sugar , salt, pepper, napkins etc from Mcdonalds and there are some breakfast places(A&W is one) that keep jam , honey for the taking. ... Offtopic I know, sorry

fav GORP mix :

macadamias , walnuts, hazelnuts, skittles, ****** babies, fuzzy peaches, dried apples, allsorts, sunflower seeds, and raisins and peanuts. unsalted .
post #22 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 03:24 PM
Dax
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: Hiking, Backpacking, Kayaking, Mtn Biking, Skiing, Snowshoeing, Climbing, RC Flying, Computers. Collecting expensive backpacking gear.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by hikinbc

fav GORP mix :

macadamias , walnuts, hazelnuts, skittles, ****** babies, fuzzy peaches, dried apples, allsorts, sunflower seeds, and raisins and peanuts. unsalted .
[:I]

I almost fell out of my chair laughing at that one. Wow, that product name must have been way before my time! I actually had to google it!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...=******+babies
post #23 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 03:47 PM
Banned

They're called Licorice Kids nowadays, so as not offend anyone!
post #24 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 04:03 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dax

Breaking News

Vancouver BC - After a 6 month long investigation by the RCMP an online mixed nut theft ring has been busted after police found incriminating evidence posted to a local hiking message board. When asked for comment, a poster on the message board who would only identify himself as Dru said: "This is a public message board... People often forget that."

RCMP spokeswoman Sgt. Sylvie Tremblay warned other would be nut mixers, "We are watching you". This case marks the first time ever that anyone has cared about shoplifting, in fact we are shocked that this story made it past our editor. When asked about the charges, and the costly 6 month investigation the RCMP defended the actions of their members. "It's sort of like the broken windows analogy, sure 3 people were gunned down last night in a Surrey suburb while heroin and crack cocaine were openly being sold just blocks away, but the RCMP feels that these minor crimes lead to an atmosphere of disregard for the rule of law that promotes the types of gang-land style shootings that make the front page of the newspapers" said Sgt. Tremblay. "We felt that the $600,000 investigation, which involved 8 full time members and 2 computer forensic analysts which were flown in from Toronto was a small price to pay to crack down on someone paying $4.86 for a 500 gram bag of nuts that should have netted the multi-billion dollar grocery chain $5.23 if sold individually."

The leader of the ring, known only by his online identity of Hikeinbc was released on $250 bail and ordered to return next week for trial. If convicted he faces a possible 4 hours of community service, but will most likely only serve 1.2 hours with good behavior.

EDITORS NOTE: As of press time the judge has reduced Hikeinbc's sentence to writing an apology letter to the store owner. The RCMP defend their investigation as "the right thing to do".
Hilarious!

ROFLMAO, or whatever the kids say these days. Nice one, Dax!

post #25 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 09:24 PM
Off the Beaten Path

Doesn't anyone add a few Advil to their GORP ?

thta way you don't have to stop for meds or check the time . . . kinda like an IV drip
post #26 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2013, 03:43 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: hiking, skiing, camping, SAR, Canadian Rangers (army reserve)

Suprised nobody mentioned peanut M&M's.. Chocolate AND peanuts in a hard candy shell..

I always end up with bags full of M&M'less gorp, though.. LOL

Should just get the M&M's and save the constant dissapointment and extra weight..

I like dried cranberries in place of raisins.. Been meaning to try chocolate-covered pretzels and coffee beans..
post #27 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: I hike it cause I like it.

Not quite gorp in a bag: someone on another thread mentioned whitewater energy balls and I have to say they're damn tasty. And quick to make, without baking. I add pumpkin seeds to the mix and also mix in the coconut without rolling on the outside. The cool thing is it's pretty much a template that you can probably add whatever you want and just adjust the stuff that holds it together (ie. honey and peanut butter).

http://aliveandwellforlife.ca/index....acks&Itemid=19
post #28 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2013, 07:54 PM
Off the Beaten Path

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dougz

Been meaning to try chocolate-covered coffee beans..
Don't bother, you'll waste most of your water supply trying to wash the coffee grounds out of your mouth.

I'll buy standard issue bulk-bin gorp and add some yogurt-covered raisins for a bit of sweetness.
post #29 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2013, 11:00 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: hiking, skiing, camping, SAR, Canadian Rangers (army reserve)

Quote:
quote:Not quite gorp in a bag: someone on another thread mentioned whitewater energy balls
I have a recipe for something like this involving protein powder and oats that I want to try..

Quote:
quoteon't bother, you'll waste most of your water supply trying to wash the coffee grounds out of your mouth
Yes, if you put enough of them in there, I guess.. But I've had them on their own in small doses and not had that experience..
post #30 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 11:39 AM
Scaling New Heights

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TheShadow

They're called Licorice Kids nowadays, so as not offend anyone!
Really? What do they now call Sauerkraut?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page