Nesco FD 60 versus Nesco FD 35 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

Default Nesco FD 60 versus Nesco FD 35

I'm going to pick up a dehydrator in a few days, and I'm having a difficult time deciding which one to purchase (probably because I don't have the slightest clue what I'm doing! ). I was wondering if any of you use either the Nesco American Harvest 5-Tray FD-35 425-Watt Snackmaster Dehydrator or the Nesco American Harvest Snackmaster Express Food Dehydrator - FD-60. I'm trying to determine if the FD 60 is worth the $40 extra.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 01:28 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Hiking, flyfishing, camping, photography, kayaking, swimming, x-country skiing wana get my open water dive certification... scrabble, mean yatzee player.........

https://www.clubtread.com/sforum/topi...TOPIC_ID=12285

I don't know if it means anything or not, (we dehydrate quite a bit of stuff) our 425watt died just under a year. We upgraded to the FD-60(Nessie), it has a temperature control and a different system of circulating the air. (the trays for the FD-35 fit but you have to rotate them as the are designed differently than the FD-60 Trays.)

If you plan on dehydrating quite a bit the 60 is worth the extra cash as you can add more trays (up to 12 where the 35 was only 8 I think..)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Awesome! Thanks for the info!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 09:09 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Hiking, UL Backpacking, canoeing, snowshoeing

Yeah the extra 40 bucks for the better model is the way to go if you plan on doing a fair bit of dehydrating; as you may want to add more trays in the future. The FD-35 is good for 7 but the FD-60 is good for 12, and the FD-60 tray structure has better air circulation.
With our now 10 trays, we can dehydrate a good 15 lbs of peaches at a time (so far we've done 70 lbs this season).
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

Alrighty. Looks like I'm going to get the FD-60. Now I just have to think of a name... Any suggestions exscape?? My fiance suggested Dwayne the dehydrator, but for some reason, I feel that my dehydrator is female...
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 01:48 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Hiking, flyfishing, camping, photography, kayaking, swimming, x-country skiing wana get my open water dive certification... scrabble, mean yatzee player.........

hmmm this will require some thought... Dryanna? Sahara?[)]

have fun experimenting, and if you can run her in a basement or garage or by a window or outside you'll be happier as she'll be one hot mama easily able to steam up any room.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 08:40 AM Thread Starter

I like Dryanna! Sounds like Pollyanna, only hotter!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page