User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By RGB

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: the Lord Jesus, scrambling, Lego
Default Hiking/Camping Cartoons and Jokes

Time to dust off those old cartoons about hiking and submit them here for all to see. I'm sure that it's all been done before, but maybe not so recently as necessary. I'll include a joke to start things off and we'll see where it goes from here...

Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson went on a camping trip. After a good meal and a bottle of wine, they lay down for the night and went to sleep. Some hours later, Holmes awoke and nudged his faithful friend.

"Watson, look up and tell me what you see."

Watson replied, "I see millions and millions of stars."

"What does that tell you?", Holmes asked.

Watson pondered for a minute. "Astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, I observe that Saturn is in Leo. Horologically, I deduce that the time is approximately a quarter past three. Theologically, I can see that God is all powerful and that we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, I suspect that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. Why, what does it tell YOU?"

Holmes was silent for a minute, then spoke. "Watson, you idiot! Some jerk has stolen our tent!"

----------------------------------------
"For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away."

\"They go up by the mountains; they go down by the valleys unto the place which thou hast founded for them.\"
-Psalm 104:8 KJV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 05:35 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Hiking, watercolour painting, chasing wildlife, backcountry cooking

[]

I'll have to give this some thought...

Don't panic.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 12:42 AM
Summit Master

Interest: Hiking, photography,

While hiking, I've eaten freeze dried food, dried fruit, instant powdered eggs... One time, I had a can of INSTANT water...but didn't know what to add.....[]

May your trails be crooked, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing views ! Edward Abbey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-09-2005, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: the Lord Jesus, scrambling, Lego

Two guys were hiking in the forest when they unexpectedly came across a very large brown bear. Immediatey, they both took off running. After a few minutes, one guy abruptly stopped running, took off his backpack and pulled out a pair of running shoes.

The other guy saw this and was wondering what was going on. So he stopped, ran back to the first guy and asked, "Why are you putting on your running shoes? Do you really think you are going to be able to out run that bear with those?"

The other guy replied, "I don't have to out run the bear, I just have to out run YOU!"

"For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away."
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 08:07 AM
Summit Master

Interest: Love the outdoors. Hiking, backpacking, geocaching, camping, canoeing, and kayaking. Did I say camp

So there were these 2 through hikers, who meet on the Pacific Crest Trail heading in opposite directions. The North Bound Hiker has a 3 legged pig he's pushing in a wheelbarrow.
"Hi there, what's with the pig in the wheelbarrow," asks the Southbound hiker.
"Well," says Northbound "this is the greatest pig in the world! Once when hiking the Rockies, I startled a mother grizzly and her cub, the bear reared up, and I thought I was dead for sure. Then here comes the pig, and just tears into the bears and frightens them away.
"Amazing!" says Southbound.
"Another time, I was crossing a river during the melt, and I got swept away, just when I thought I was going under for sure, the pig jumps in and pulls me to shore."
"Truly incredible!" shouts Southbound.
"Whenever we hit a camping spot and everything is taken, the pigs snorts and squeals so much all the other campers leave and I get the whole place to myself."
With tears in his eyes the Southbound hiker says, "Sir that is the most amazing animal I have ever seen. But, why does it only have 3 legs?"
"Well, you don't want to eat a pig this good all at once."

"GenX, eh? Sorry, but I was lazy and anti-social long before Copeland made it cool."
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-23-2014, 11:29 PM
RGB
Banned

Did anyone hear about the two hikers who came across a set of tracks in the woods?
One of the hikers swore they were deer tracks.
The other swore they were bear tracks.
They stood there and argued about it for over an hour and the train came by and killed both of them!!!!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-23-2014, 11:32 PM
RGB
Banned

How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.
W.C-hiker likes this.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 11:13 AM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: hiking, skiing, camping, SAR, Canadian Rangers (army reserve)

Two hunters were out in the woods when suddenly a moose bolts out in front of them.. The guy in the rear hurriedly squeezes off a shot, hitting his buddy square in the back!

The injured hunter quickly loses consiousness, and with trembling hands the trigger-happy friend dials 911. "Help, I've just shot my friend by accident!! It doesn't look like he's breathing! He's dead!!!"..

"Calm down, sir. First, make sure he's actually dead".

There's a pause, then BLAM, BLAM!!

"Okay, now what?".
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 08:06 PM
Off the Beaten Path

RJB, I am clicking on my non-existent "like" icon. That was funny!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2014, 08:06 PM
RGB
Banned

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page