Child Carriers - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2020, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Scaling New Heights

Default Child Carriers

Hey I am looking for child carrrier recommendations. I currently have the Baby Bjorn Carrier One and have loved using it since my son was a new born. However he is almost a year old now and getting a bit tall for my to carry on my front. The Carrier One does have a back carry option but I find my son sits a bit low and it makes it hard for him to look around, admire the view, etc.

I would like to get a specific back/hiking carrier. My budget is on the lower end (under $300) as the carrier will only be used occasionally (like three times a month likely). I am also on the petit side (5'2) so a carrier that fits short and narrow would be great.

Recommendations please

Open to buying a used carrier if anyone happens to have one that their child has out grown.

Happy hiking...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2020, 08:18 AM
Headed for the Mountains

We also took our son hiking in the Baby Bjorn One last summer and haven't yet bought a back carrier for this summer.

From the research I've done it looks like the Osprey Poco or Deuter Kids comfort will be the best options for us.

I would recommend going to MEC or other store that carries them to try how it fits you, even if you will buy used from somewhere else.

When I last checked a few months ago there were several used ones available in excellent condition for low prices on Kijiji/Craigslist (in Toronto, but would probably be similar in other areas, especially where there are more hikers).

If you aren't going to use it often, you can also rent MEC-brand carriers from MEC for $12/day / $60/week (not all locations have them available).

Last edited by dpdp; 05-27-2020 at 08:35 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page