User Tag List

2Likes
  • 1 Post By jartelt
  • 1 Post By esmeadows

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Default Hiking pants for skinny guys - Straight Fit prAna Zion

I am 6' 2" tall and ~180 pounds, so it has always been a struggle to find a pair of hiking pants that fit well. Most options out there are super baggy. What I have been looking for is a pair of synthetic pants that fit similar to a Levi 511 jean and are tapered through the leg.

I needed a new pair of hiking pants, so I ordered 5 different versions of prAna pants. It turns out prAna finally made a slim fit hiking pant. They are called the Stretch Zion Straight Fit and they are first pair of hiking pants I've tried which were not super baggy near the ankles. I am not sure why they are called Straight Fit instead of Slim Fit, but they are much slimmer than the traditional Zion pants. They are made with the same fabric as the Zion pants and have the same built-in belt, vents, etc.

So... if you are a tall guy looking for hiking pants you can also wear to work or to a brewery, give the Straight Fit Zion pants a look.

Like most prAna product they a tad pricey at ~$90 retail. But, if they actually fit you well, that may be worth the price for you. I'm not an advertiser for prAna - I just am happy I finally found a pair of synthetic pants that fit my slender frame smile.gif

If you want to see pictures of Straight Fit Zions in comparison to the prAna Zion, Zioneer, Brion, and Broadfield pants, head over to this more complete review I wrote: https://backpackers-review.com/artic...-pants-review/
frankhardly likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 12:13 PM
Headed for the Mountains

I am in the same height and weight category as you. I also find it hard to fit into hiking pants without getting the potato sack effect ; )
Try these https://www.eddiebauer.com/product/m...izetype=&size=
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2021, 01:03 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: Backpacking, trail running, spending time with my wife, kids, and dog.

I love stretch Zion pants. But I also find that after some use, they stretch out. Much prefer their shorts which isn't as big an issue.

Going to check out those EB pants.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2021, 01:20 PM
Scaling New Heights

Prana Zion have become my hiking pant and also just for normal summer wear. I've bushwhacked enough to have stopped hiking in shorts.

I love the Zion. You can sometimes find them on sale, just watch google. Might be less obvious colors, like mustard (or saffron or whatever they call it), which I own and like.

I'm not a skinny guy. At 58, more of a dad bod. But I really like that the Zion can be tightened with a strap at the waist and doesn't require a belt, which is great for wearing a backpack.
KARVITK likes this.

Scott Meadows
[email protected]

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page