User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By raidman

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-23-2018, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Default Oversize mountaineering boots

Hi all,

Wondering if there are Any good sources to buy US size 15+ mountaineering boots? New or used. I'm looking preferably for a single leather (ie, Scarpa Mont Blanc or LaSportiva Nepal, etc), but a double plastic would suffice too. Not looking for anything more intense than that. I normally wear a US 13 for regular shoes, but for mountaineering boots I'm gathering that I need a size US 15.

As an example, I recently rented boots from a shop that carried the Scarpa Mont Blanc - I was able to try on all of the manufactured sizes (I think they went up to 14?) and none worked. They ended up giving me a Scarpa inverno (double plastic), which apparently is made in larger sizes. This boot did work well.

I am based in Minneapolis,and have already tried the local REI and some other mountain shops in town. Ideally I want to try on anything I am going to buy, but if there are online or out-of-state sources, I'm running out of options at this point!

Thanks!
alpalmer likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-25-2018, 01:54 AM
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: SEA KAYAKING HIKING FISHING

I haven't bought size 15 mountaineering boots before but have purchased Scarpa boots from Backcountrygear.com, Eugene, Oregon with excellent service from them. Perhaps shoot them an email to see if they might be able to help you or steer you in the right direction. I don't see size 15 boots in the models you mention but perhaps they can find a way. Good luck.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-25-2018, 03:05 PM
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: SEA KAYAKING HIKING FISHING

here is probably a better option at Whitaker (as in Lou and Jim) Mountaineering in Ashford, WA. Size 15 (euro 50) in the Baruntse. If these folks can't find your boot it probably doesn't exist. https://www.whittakermountaineering....rtiva/baruntse

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page