User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 02:21 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: Adventure travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanee75 View Post
Three different ones? I had a hard time to figure out differences, I'm still confused - took the 1001 Nights also because it seems to have a lot of features of the other models in one.
I have their top Wildcat DryShell for mountaineering and two 1001-Nights of different weights (one with DryShell) which is so versatile. Can use each bag individually according to temp, or zip them together for couples-use and just flip light or heavy side on top according to temp.

Trail Talk
"Retired but not yet tired"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 04:57 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte_Lake View Post
Visting family in Victoria over the recent holidays I was reminded what a good shopping experience Robinson's Outdoor Store downtown can be: Solid gear, lovely customer service and a fly shop that kept my better half busy for a good while. Their sale area always has good prices. Back when, as a first year UVic student dabbling in the outdoors and on a budget they set me up with a sleeping bag/ insulated mat combo that I used for 10 years.
speaking of Victoria, Capital Iron is a fave store of ours http://www.capitaliron.net/ quirky place with everything from boots to boats, and some good deals too

post #18 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Interest: Hiking, camping, photography, reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyTuna View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeljkok View Post
Looks like time to make that trip west! You got Rockies, Coast Mountains, Rainforest and Pacific Rim -- what else could you wish for?? Only, you can't cheer for Leafs
Or Edmonton or Calgary... your only decent choice is Vancouver.
Go Habs? Haha! No.

Quote:
On another note, I've see a few stores called Mountain Warehouse pop up around here. Most things they sell are their own brand which I think is a European brand. I haven't been able to find any reviews on the quality of their clothing though. Prices are ok compared to other name brands.
We have one here, too! Found it this past summer up at the outlet mall. I picked up one of my sleeping bags from there. Super light, and held up pretty well when the temp unexpectedly dropped below 0 overnight and we hadn't put the rain fly on the tent because we wanted to sleep with the stars. I haven't tried any of their clothing but they have this sweater with a huge cowl neck and it's super soft. I want it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 07:04 PM
Summit Master

Quote:
Or Edmonton or Calgary... your only decent choice is Vancouver.
uh-oh

This is not hockey thread, so I'll say only 2 words:

Connor
McDavid

post #20 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 01:39 AM
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: Skiing,Backpacking,Searching For/Exploring old Ghost Towns & Mines, Prospecting,Fishing,4Wheeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeljkok View Post
uh-oh

This is not hockey thread, so I'll say only 2 words:

Connor
McDavid

Ok. This is my last hockey post... did you see the game last night? Vancouver 3, Edmonton 2... ha, ha!
post #21 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 03:12 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: Hiking (obviously), snowshoeing, backpacking

I second VPO (Valhalla) as it's one of the better outdoor stores here in Abbotsford, and Atmosphere is our other go to here. For other places I've lived, True Outdoors in Kamloops (I think it used to be a VPO) and Outter Limits in Saskatoon are my favourite outdoor stores in those areas.
post #22 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 09:34 AM
Hittin' the Trails

Big fan of Valhalla in Squamish, great, knowledgeable staff and good selection of quality gear, o/w Craigslist, Usedsquamish/whistler, thrift stores etc.
post #23 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 05:34 PM
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: Getting outside in any capacity.

My local gear store though for things I can't just buy online, boots, clothing etc... I prefer Skyview Outdoors in Surrey. Great service, selection, prices are competitive, and very knowledgeable staff. If they don't have it, I will go to MEC. I avoid Atmosphere at all costs.

If you have a PO Box in the states and want to deal with crossing the border to save some money, I usually check out pricing at these sites. Sometimes I save 50% off local prices.

Steep & Cheap
Camp Saver
Camp Mor
Sierra Trading post
Sunny Sports
Moosejaw
Backcountry.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page