What about chairs? - Page 3 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 09:07 PM
Summit Master

Interest: I enjoy hiking

The Helinox chair looks interesting. It looks like the REI Flex Lite is a cheaper/heavier knockoff. I do like the way these two chairs pack small.
There is a good comparison video here that appears to favour the Helinox:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aeZ_pIpgEY

I bought a Sling Lite a few years ago and am happy with it. It is lighter than the Helinox and FlexLite and doesn't sink into soft dirt. On the downside, it is expensive, it doesn't pack small, The cross bar below your bum can dig in a bit. If I were to buy a Helinox I would probably try to outfit it with some sort of platter feet so it doesn't sink in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 10:47 PM
Summit Master

my favourite things about car camping is a decent chair, amongst so many other things.

In winter, we make our own furniture, but yeah, can see the appeal to a decent lightweight unit that works on daytrips or even overnighters in variable terrain. I don't mind roughing it and sitting on a mat or make shift wood and rocks, works fine, but a decent chair that is packable is a great option for all.
post #33 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2014, 01:08 PM
Off the Beaten Path

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Aqua Terra

my favourite things about car camping is a decent chair, amongst so many other things.

In winter, we make our own furniture, but yeah, can see the appeal to a decent lightweight unit that works on daytrips or even overnighters in variable terrain. I don't mind roughing it and sitting on a mat or make shift wood and rocks, works fine, but a decent chair that is packable is a great option for all.
I hear you. I find I need some back support after a few days out there but otherwise I can make do with rocks and logs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2014, 12:20 PM
Hittin' the Trails

I've been using one of the REI Flex Lite chairs for a year now, and both my paddling partners use them too. One of the best purchases I've ever made. After a year's hard use, only one minor tear on a seam...looks like a design flaw, but it doesn't affect anything (the tear isn't migrating!). If I lost or broke mine I'd buy another in an instant.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page