Help with Solomon Hiking Boot Repair - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
Hittin' the Trails

Default Help with Solomon Hiking Boot Repair

Does anyone know if there's a place in or near Vancouver that specializes in repairing Solomon Gortex hiking boots? My boots have plastic 'eyelet' things that the laces pull though to tighten the boots. The eyelets are riveted on to the boot material with plastic rivet caps which appear to snap onto a metal or plastic stud embedded in the material. Unlike a lot of boots that have metal rivets that go right through the material, the rivets on these boots don't go all the way through - probably due to the Gortex membrane. Some of the plastic caps have popped off and are lost allowing the laces to go "free range". I really like these otherwise great condition boots and hate to get rid of them because some of lace eyelets have let loose . The boots in the picture aren't my boots but the eyelets and rivets appear like they're the same or similar. Thanks for any advice.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 01:20 AM
High on the Mountain Top

I ripped off one of these on a pair of mountaineering boots. I was sure they were going to throw a hole through the entire thickness of the boot to place a rivet but they worked some magic to avoid that. It was probably a little easier in my case because it was the one at the very top of the ankle. I believe I brought mine to Moneysworth & Best Quality Shoe Repair.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page