103 Hikes 5th Ed at Costco - Page 2 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2002, 11:45 AM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: Too many to list.

I met Mary & David Macaree when I was hiking Mount Thurston once. It was the red toque of his that I recognised.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2002, 12:02 PM

I've always wondered if they hire people to to some of the updated trail reports or not ?

post #18 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2002, 01:08 PM
High on the Mountain Top

My BIL still asks if we were the ones he gave an old hiking guide to years ago. Lesson to be learned - Don't toss out anything as there may be a trail in an old book you may want to do some day.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2002, 05:47 PM

I do a lot of shopping at used book stores for books. I have never minded if they were the *old* ones as they just might have something in them that the new ones don't. Lots cheaper too!!

I generally go to one or two stores. At one,when paying for the books, I find they always add up to as much as I have in my pocket. Sometimes have to run to the ashtray for change. The lady really sees me coming.

My oldest, Mining in the Pacific Northwest, was one I used to get from the library in the 60's. Can't check it out anymore so I bought one on the net. Looked for over 2 years and was rather spendy but I wanted it reeeealy bad. When I got it, it was like new to the point that I don't think it was ever opened. Now my prized possession. Is a 1967 reprint of 1897. Even covers BC mines. Awesome book.

Keep them books. The grandkids may find interest someday and you will have stories to tell.

UB

post #20 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2002, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Summit Master

Interest: Hiking, backpacking, snowshoeing, photography, computers, yoga and traveling.

Another guy I know talks with Jack Bryceland (5th Ed 103 Hikes). Apparently he's part of the same Chilliwack outdoor club. From what I understand, they get alot of "input" from others as to what to include in the edition. Also get some input into some of the new ones from other members.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page