Delorme InReach, anyone? Opinions? - Page 3 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2016, 12:08 PM
Off the Beaten Path

Interest: Hiking, Backpacking, Skiing, Space History

One thing I noticed this January with my Spot is that with subscription fees in USD my annual renewal was a bit of a shock with the exchange rate. No sure if this is the case with DeLorme
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2016, 05:31 PM
Scaling New Heights

Quote:
Originally Posted by guntis View Post
With Garmin recently acquiring DeLorme, I have great hopes that some functionality can be merged between devices. I have less optimism that either company will hire a UX developer as tech companies seem to think more (poorly implemented) features equate to a good user experience.
I'm curious whether there's anything specific you've had problems with? From the demos that I've seen online the UI is reasonably robust for this type of device. I've seen people point at the smart phone improvements but I don't think it's a fair comparison personally, simply because the requirements are different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellymcdonald78
One thing I noticed this January with my Spot is that with subscription fees in USD my annual renewal was a bit of a shock with the exchange rate. No sure if this is the case with DeLorme
I believe with InReach, you can suspend your services for a nominal fee. I dont really know hot it compares to spot though.
post #33 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2016, 09:12 PM
Hittin' the Trails

InReach raised their subscription rates slightly with the falling US dollar. On the safety plan (pay per use messaging/tracking) it's about the same base cost as the SPOT device although you can suspend your device whenever for $4/month and use it only when you are going on trips etc.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page