Arc'teryx warranty? Finally... - Page 10 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #136 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 03:57 PM
Off the Beaten Path

hey jeffweichel mind editing your post as to not inconvenience every one elts.

That would be great

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #137 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 10:45 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Rachelo

you don't have to read if you don't want to.
But for anyone who IS going to read it, you've made it extremely difficult to read.
Apparently scrolling over is extremely difficult. Hope your skill set is a little more developed than that. Ask nicely like Baldwin (instead of calling me a twit) and maybe you could accomplish something.
post #138 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 11:19 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Anything outdoors.

I have the same problem with my Arc'teryx jacket, it's delaminating in several places, although it's served me well on many trips, and many city trips for that matter.
Glad to hear they covered their warranty, I was wondering about that.
As for the time frame, well I had a long wait also when the zipper broke on my jacket (long before the delaminating problem began), I had it sent in, and it a long time to get it back (at least six weeks, although I was informed of this). I was glad they stood behind their warranty and fixed it at no charge.

Some things you just need a little patience, and then a little gratitude. There are many companies out there that would squirrel their way out of any warranty, let alone offer a lifetime warranty for a jacket.

Enjoy your trips in your brand new jacket.. Im gonna see about mine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #139 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2011, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator

Interest: hiking, backpacking, scrambling, climbing

Yes, when you have to scroll way over with every single line, the text becomes a total pain to read. It's obnoxious, and frankly, I think 'twit' is a fairly mild term. I'm obviously not the only one you annoyed with that.

Of course, it's also a terrible idea to quote a long post like that, as now that the original has edited his reply, the thread remains widened thanks to 21thcenturyAlan.
post #140 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2011, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: Snowshoe, mountain bike, hike, camping

About that "asking nicely" widening post thing, with all due respect Mr. Important, go **** yourself.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jeffweichel

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Rachelo

you don't have to read if you don't want to.
But for anyone who IS going to read it, you've made it extremely difficult to read.
Apparently scrolling over is extremely difficult. Hope your skill set is a little more developed than that. Ask nicely like Baldwin (instead of calling me a twit) and maybe you could accomplish something.
post #141 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2011, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: Snowshoe, mountain bike, hike, camping

I'm glad I have a new jacket after 2 months but keep in mind I had to settle for a completely different (2x more expensive) jacket (the only one they had in stock). A replacement for my original jacket could have been around 4-6 months wait... I'm really happy of what I have now but the process what a bit ridiculous and clumsy. Many people believe I should be glad that they cover it but what people don't understand is that they cover it for a reason, it's not out of their endless love of their customers. It's because in some ways, it's included in the price. But I must admit my SideWinder is [email protected]#$%#$ awesome.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Shadee

I have the same problem with my Arc'teryx jacket, it's delaminating in several places, although it's served me well on many trips, and many city trips for that matter.
Glad to hear they covered their warranty, I was wondering about that.
As for the time frame, well I had a long wait also when the zipper broke on my jacket (long before the delaminating problem began), I had it sent in, and it a long time to get it back (at least six weeks, although I was informed of this). I was glad they stood behind their warranty and fixed it at no charge.

Some things you just need a little patience, and then a little gratitude. There are many companies out there that would squirrel their way out of any warranty, let alone offer a lifetime warranty for a jacket.

Enjoy your trips in your brand new jacket.. Im gonna see about mine
post #142 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 11:19 PM
Headed for the Mountains

And that fine comment leads me back to the reason for my original post: apparently, it's all about you, and anyone who disagrees can go **** themselves. It's that attitude that made you go on a seven page rant and sadly its an attitude that many consumers have towards the retail industry. I just don't understand why you think any company would be any different - why Arcteryx deserves such a bashing when the same bungling can happen with TNF, MHW, Pati, etc. The other poster had it bang on - maybe you should just have a little gratitude. I see your type all the time: there's a tornado of hate when life doesn't go your way and then when you finally get what you want you're all smiles and nothing ever happened. Give me a break.
post #143 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 11:54 PM
Headed for the Mountains

hilarious ...

gratitude for paying $600 for a jacket ... getting worse warranty service than something bought at MEC or Eddie Bauer

maybe all these dead birders should stop pretending all their stuff is all holy and great when its no better than any other brand, yet quite a bit more expensive

and yes id like to think that if i did spend that $$$$ on a jacket, the service would be about me ... or maybe everybody should just shut up and take it up the a-- cause its dead bird []
post #144 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Headed for the Mountains

lol What is this dead bird you keep referring to? I chuckle.
post #145 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Summit Master

Interest: Anything outdoors.

I think it's more of a dead horse than a dead bird.
Still, some people just can't stop....

post #146 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2015, 05:33 PM
Hittin' the Trails

Thanks for posting this, I am in the market for a new jacket and trying to decide between Arc'teryx, North Face & Pategonia. From what I have read so far Pategonia seems to have the best warrenty, and therefore will be getting my humble business.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page