Backpack selection... - Page 2 - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2010, 01:29 AM Thread Starter
Headed for the Mountains

haha yeah I did buy the Bora
Prep for my 2 wk trip right after my exams end!
I was surprised to see so many posts after my message Bora is a bit heavier but with it comes durability~ =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2010, 06:53 AM
Summit Master

Location: Finally stopping that crazy suffering that is ice, climbing to concentrate on great ski tours!, .
Interest: Anything that can drag me to the mountains. Backpacking is #1, followed by climbing, dayhiking and camping with family.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by smac

I looked at the Altra and it was missing the hip belt for the top pouch (summit fanny pack) and ice axe loops. both of which I use.
I would never use the lid-belt, but ice axe loops, yes. ArcTeryx screwed up by not putting them on, but will sell them to you as an accessory! I questioned the rep, and he showed me a stupid way of using the bottom "pouch" on the pack to hold an axe, but still had to use some extra bits.

Stupid.

Other than that serious oversight, I liked a lot of the pack features. BUT, were I paying full pop, I'd probably have just gone with another Osprey.
post #18 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2010, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator

Interest: hiking, backpacking, scrambling, climbing

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 0bakasan

I was surprised to see so many posts after my message Bora is a bit heavier but with it comes durability~ =)
Just depends on whether you'd rather have carry some extra weight to ensure extreme durability, or if you'd rather treat your bag a little more nicely to ensure light weight. Different priorities for different people.

It's not really drifting - the comparison between the mentioned bags continues, and may well help out someone else in the market.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2010, 10:23 AM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: Backpacking, trail running, spending time with my wife, kids, and dog.

Ah thread drift. What thread doesn't drift?

I agree with Rachelo. Plus the fact that the Bora is unnecessarily heavy for what it is. However, as long as it fits and works well with the weight you are carrying, who can criticize?
post #20 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2010, 06:40 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Not sure if the Bora uses the same fabric/material as the Naos series? My Naos is great for wet coast hiking and bushwhacking as I no longer need to plastic bag the interior or lug a sopping wet pack around; I often wade across or up rivers with it half submerged.
post #21 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2010, 07:28 PM
Headed for the Mountains

on another drift ... has anyone tried the new exos ... the one with the thin rod frame

tried one on at valhalla and it looks quite nice ... hella light
post #22 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2010, 07:52 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: Backpacking, trail running, spending time with my wife, kids, and dog.

The Exos is a neat pack. Not keen on the color but for 2011, apparently there is a charcoal version coming out.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page