Basegear.com - ClubTread Community

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
Headed for the Mountains

Default Basegear.com

Just wondering if anybody has any experience, good or bad, with this company. They seem to have decent prices on some things. I am not usually an online shopper and have never completely gotten over my fear of internet transactions...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 11:03 PM
Headed for the Mountains

Interest: Hiking, Snowboarding

I'm wondering too... I want to purchase an Integral Designs sleeping bag from them but I'm not sure what kind of duty hit I'll be taking (even though it was originally made up here). Tried looking at the NAFTA document to figure it out and I can't make much sense out of it. It seems like we don't really have free trade (if we did NAFTA would probably be only a couple pages long saying trade is free). I can't get a straight forward answer from anyone about duty. Seems duty can be as high as 60% which totally defeats the purpose of buying goods from down there even though they have killer deals advertised and customs can also charge you a holding fee while they figure out what duty to charge you. How does one figure out duty before one buys a product? It seems like they pull out figures and make it up as they go along.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 07:04 AM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: Backpacking, trail running, spending time with my wife, kids, and dog.

Excellent retailer. Have purchased a lot from them. Fast shipping.

BCBoy - don't worry. They will ship USPS for you and you will only pay $5 to Canada Post and GST.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 11:54 AM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: Is eating sushi a hobby?

I bought a tent from them earlier this month. Awesome price, reasonable shipping costs and it arrived in a week via USPS expedited.

Check www.e-omc.com as well. Similar prices but have free shipping to Canada for orders over $100. I would've gone with them but they didn't carry the tent I wanted.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 12:37 PM
High on the Mountain Top

Interest: Backpacking, trail running, spending time with my wife, kids, and dog.

Since Spicy Tuna brought it up, www.moosejaw.com provides free shipping over $199 to Canadians. See, some US retailers do love us.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 02:49 PM
High on the Mountain Top

I have purchased from both

Basegear.com and www.e-omc.com and both where great experiences

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by spicytuna

I bought a tent from them earlier this month. Awesome price, reasonable shipping costs and it arrived in a week via USPS expedited.

Check www.e-omc.com as well. Similar prices but have free shipping to Canada for orders over $100. I would've gone with them but they didn't carry the tent I wanted.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page